Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use a dog cover for the backseat of their car? After paying $300 dollars today to have the backseat of my car removed and cleaned from Millie's vomit, I think I am going to get something to protect my seats. If anyone uses one that they really like, where is it from?

Also, does anyone use a seatbelt for their spoo? If so, what kind? Millie likes to stand in the backseat and always goes flying! Dangerous!:doh:

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
I use layers of cheap fleece blankets for mine (quick and easy to wash and dry), but I did wonder about the hammock-type seat covers. After Sophy shot off the backseat when I did a sudden stop they now both travel in a canvas crate. I have got car harnesses, but I got disgracefully lazy about using them. I would definitely get Millie a harness - it is just as dangerous as having a small child bouncing around - dangerous for her and for you. Sophy was very carsick as a pup, but adapted very quickly to travelling in a harness.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
In my old Jeep, I had a fitted waterproof cover for my backseat, but I did not re-install it into the new (used) Jeep we just bought - it was/is really a pain to get connected and attached... I saw these blankets advertised and thought I might get one to tuck into the backseat - Mambe Pet Blankets

I've never used a seatbelt or harness, but it's not a bad idea. My friend who adopted the spoo we fostered a couple of years ago uses one and Dolce knows now that when he gets into the car, he has his "spot" and Judy just clips him in.

Barb

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I have a waterproof hammock type that is a pain but when Teddy vomits - its a mess! At least I can take it out and hose it off - easier than havng to lug blankets and towels upstairs to the washer. I also throw towels in there at the end because he rides with his face on the door! lovely!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I got mine from Dr. Foster and Smith. One of the canvas backseat covers. I had it in my old car for years, and i Loved it!! Great to keep the car clean after dirty hikes, tracking, vomit, etc! Loved it. I dont need it now as i have a hatchback he rides in. It is a little sunbleached, but i would sell it to you real cheap! :)

Riley always rides in a seatbelt in teh back! I have a champion seatbelt, and i love it! Extreamly secure, and one of the few dog seatbelts that are actually crash tested. Very comfortable for Ry to wear. He got used to it no problem (probably because he was used to staying in one spot in the car and not move around). So YES, get both of them!!

CHAMPION Canine Seat Belt System

Drs. Foster & Smith Cordura Seat Covers

·
Registered
631 Posts
I made fleece blankets for our seat covers.
For seatbelts, I use the Ruff Rider Roadie Elite. It is tested to human seatbelt standards and is the best seatbelt I've used. You can get it on Amazon for $20 but here is the webpage for the product itself: Ruff Rider Roadie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts