Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... with the recent news that natura is being sold to P&G, I'm saddened to say that I will not be switching my pups to California Naturals.

Now I'm on the look out for a good grain free food... and it has to come in duck... as we're pretty sure now through trial and error, that chicken and beef? Not Tater Tot's friend.

I need suggestions, guys! Don't fail me now! I'm hoping to find a good quality food for a good price. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Taste of The Wild makes a duck food. It's grain free. They also have buffalo and fish. Mine seem to like the buffalo better. I don't like the fish because it stinks. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I would go TOTW too.....others you can look at are Fromm, if you can get it. this is one I might look back into to feed from time to time for their coats and some suppliments with the RAW.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Take a look at Stella and Cheweys. My dog loves their duck formula. Why does it have to be duck? Natures variety doesn't have duck but they do have venision and they also have rabbit which my little one just adores. Both are great companies.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Lucy is on the Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish (I sort of agree with the "smelly fish" sentiment, but SHE doesn't stink - just the food does when I pour it into her bowl!) :lol:

I brought free samples of Natural Balance home from our pet-supply store in a bunch of varieties (Venison, Duck, Fish - I don't think they had the bison one in samples last time I checked, but Lucy liked the fish variety by FAR over the other flavors) The Natural Balance L.I.D. (Limited Ingredient Diet) are grain free but not excessively high protein.

Good luck finding a good food for your guys - I've been very happy with the Natural Balance food!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your suggestions, guys!

I suppose I left out some vital information about Tate and his eating... I would prefer duck, as it seems chicken/beef/buffalo based foods make him sick, as well as Taste of the Wild as a brand seems to make him sick and he refuses to eat it for more than one meal.

When I am home and on my computer, I will look everything up. Thank you so much again, I knew I would get some great suggestions here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts