Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That other thread was getting too long so I thought I'd update today for those interested.

Jasper is back to normal today. He's back to our regular routine and back to his normal self so I have no idea what the problem is. He's obviously not "scared to death of me" like someone said in another post or he'd be scared of me today as well. He had something up his butt yesterday, he was upset with me for something and today that something doesn't matter much to him. He's a dog not a human they get over things.

I still plan on having him evaluated and looked over by people that know what they are talking about based on their experiences and knowledge.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Thats good to hear. I think that getting him checked out is best for everyone so you can determine the best for all involved. Hopefully he is the fit for you:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I read your original thread, I'm glad Jasper is back to his old self.

It does seem to me like it might have been that fear stage where they become afraid at practically everything.

Hope all fares well with the evaluation.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I must have missed it, but I'm glad everything is back to normal now.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I missed your old thread too, but Brian went through a fear period, I didnt even know these existed until I went through it with Brian.

One night the cat ran through the kitchen when The dogs were crated and supposed to be asleep. All of the sudden the cat ran in, and Brian started screaming and peed himself.

He walked around like someone was beating him for a couple days, freaking out everytime he saw a cat.
He eventually grew out of it, but what I do know is that negative things that happen during these times can last a lifetime.
I have a sheltie that was "strung up" by a "trainer" when he was scared of moving on a lead, she picked him up by his choker chain and held him there.
needless to say he stresses big time whenever you put a collar and leash on him, if I put him in the car he will freak himself out so badly that he throws up. its been over a year since that happened, but he still is bad about it.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I have a sheltie that was "strung up" by a "trainer" when he was scared of moving on a lead, she picked him up by his choker chain and held him there.
All I can say is... OMG!!!! Yeah, cause that kind of "training" works so well... NOT!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts