Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this afternoon ,

Winston started gagging - I thought he swallowed something. Took him in to the vet . To make a long story short - he didn't swallowed anything he was diagnosed with Kennel cough.

I have no idea where he got it from

My poor boy. He got a shot of antiboitics, and shot to help with the cough and a prescription for the next 14 days.

He is okay now - i gave him a bath to wash off the vet office nastys..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Poor guy...he'll be back to himself in no time. Did you get the vet to check his leg by any chance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
I bet he got it from my poodle boy, lol...

Just be consistent about giving him his meds, and it will go away quickly. TPFKAP coughed still for a few days even after his meds were gone, but he is all better now (and thankfully no one else in the house got it from him!)

Poor little man, I hope that he gets well soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the well wishes

No i did not asked about the leg :doh: I was sooooooooo freaking scared that he swallowed something and was choking. It was a real long car drive to the vet - at least if felt that way ( 10 min away) His leg was the LAST thing on my mind - didn't cross my brain once

I was a wreck - but relaxed after learning he has a cough and wasn't choking on something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,881 Posts
Ohhh, poor guy! Glad it was nothing serious as you thought it was. Not that kennel cough is a nice thing to have or anything, but sure better than chocking to death on something! I am sure he will be fine in no time and glad that your heart is back in its rightful place in your chest.... that must have been a bad scare!

Best wishes sent your way! :hug:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top