Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to a C-wags trial this weekend. We already had One Q in level 1 and level 2. You need four Qs.

We were lucky because originally they had two runs at each level so I didn’t expect to title, but they added an extra run and I jumped at the opportunity. With three Qs in each level we earned titles in Level 1 which is basic boxes (1 hidden scent) and Level 2 (2 hidden scents) which adds containers mixed with boxes and raises the heights and toys and plastic pails and shovels. Once we earned level 2 they offered me the opportunity to pay for runs in level 3 (3 hidden scents and scents can be on objects like ladders, stacked chairs, stuff hanging on walls etc.) So we ran two level 3 runs. We earned one 1 Q and had one NQ. I was really pleased with that Q. Out of 10 dogs running only two of us earned a Q. We should have gotten a Q in the second run but I made a mistake. The space was like an octopus, large room with extra nooks to search. I completely forgot to get my dog into one of those nooks to search and that’s where one of the scents were hidden. Darn, my memory.

Level 3 had a child’s wading pool and apparently most of the dogs jumped in it. Babykins didn’t, she’s smart.....it didn’t have water to go swimming in it. They sometimes have the weirdest objects out in addition to the potential containers.

Plus there was a ton of spectators and a professional photographer taking videos. Additional distractions.

I was thrilled with how well Babykins was working. She’s a good girl. She’s exhausted and sleeping now.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Babykins you ROCK! Congratulations sweet girl!

Reactions: Skylar

·
Premium Member
23,199 Posts
Congratulations! That was nice to get the bonus of the titles from the additional runs being offered.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Big congratulations to you and Babykins. Well done. You guys rock. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Way to go! Y'all are just amazing.

I need to get busy with Zoe, but it's just too hot to think straight! We are going to agility classes on Tuesday evenings. Once the sun gets low it's not bad.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I almost didn't go to this competition - it's so darn hot.

I'm so glad I did because they didn't get quite the turnout that they had expected which is why they allowed some extra runs - which worked in our favor so we were able to title and move up. I also think they were wise to encourage people to move up to the more challenging levels.

I was also thrilled with how Babykins worked the room. There were lots of toys used as containers and objects. She could easily have grabbed a toy and ran around the room with joy - but she focused on nose work and ignored that she was sniffing toys. This is huge because this dog loves to run around with a new toy in her mouth.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, when I first started out it seemed like it would take forever to get some ribbons. But I look back now and we have earned so many, it's incredible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts