Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jasper has a baby tooth that is being pushed out of the way by a new tooth. The baby tooth is loose, but not that loose yet. I've wiggled it but it's definitely not bare finger pulling ready LOL. The adult tooth seems to be set back a hair, which I assume is like a kid's tooth and will move forward once the baby tooth is out. BTW I checked his teeth yesterday morning so it's not been like this for very long.

How do you know when Vet intervention is necessary?

·
Registered
558 Posts
It may very well fall out by itself soon, because as you said it has not been that way very long. Many dogs retain puppy teeth especially the canines. Generally they are removed when the dog is spayed or neutered--if you plan to do that.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may very well fall out by itself soon, because as you said it has not been that way very long. Many dogs retain puppy teeth especially the canines. Generally they are removed when the dog is spayed or neutered--if you plan to do that.
Hopefully it will fall out soon. The baby tooth has been pushed forward and at a weird angle, but it's fairly secure in the gum still. We'll see how it looks in the morning I guess. More than anything I want to make sure his permanent teeth stay straight and nice. He has new teeth coming in all over the place, so far so good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts