Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Bear (4.5mo Spoo) has lost one tooth because there was blood on a hide chew thing but I couldn’t find the tooth. I assume it’s either gone or passed but that made me wonder how do most people handle losing teeth. And what is normal?
Do they lose all the teeth and what is the timeframe for this to happen?

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
We found teeth on the floor pretty regularly for about a week, but she retained a couple of baby teeth for maybe a month after that, until the adult teeth pushed them out. We never found those.

To me, the most obvious sign of active teething is the smell. Ick. Teething breath is really gross. And then abruptly it's over and their breath smells like nothing at all.

Then be prepared for round two, mid-adolescence, when their molars are setting in their jaws. This can trigger more chewing as they try to relieve their discomfort, but also pairs nicely with new rebellious behaviour and boredom, for a destructive double-whammy. Wheeee!!

(Can you tell I'm in this stage with Peggy right now?)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
They'll fall out between 4-6 months. Some I found and some I didn't. I agree with PTP on the smell. Sewer mouth! One of my hands got covered in red blotches during that period from Misha mouthing while having nasty gross teeth. Some kind of skin reaction. At that point I helped the teeth find their way out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For ours I never thought I found the teeth. Freaked out a a bit and then a few days later it’d pop up on the carpet.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think when I was worried I thought what if my kids swallowed it. Freaked out for days then pop, one of us found it in the carpet plain as day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts