Poodle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Fiona Shay (Mini Poodle), Bailey Rose (Himalayan)
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and Granddaughters are coming from Guam in June for a couple months and we plan on taking some trips. I normal put a little pumpkin in Miss Shays food in the morning but on the trips I don’t want to take cans. Can I purchase these for her? The pouches just seem easier for travel. Anything I should be watching for ingredient wise ? Thanks.
Liquid Green Food Fluid Natural foods
Product Font Software Screenshot Operating system
Product Font Software Screenshot Operating system

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
In general, you want to be on the look out for 1) food high in sodium, 2) food high in sugar, 3) food high in fat, 4) any food on a "dogs can not eat list" on Google.

That baby food looks clean to me. You can always give Miss Shay some of that baby food before you travel so you can see how she and her stomach will react.

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
It looks like this particular formula has more than three times the sugar vs. what you’re currently feeding Shay.

Obviously you wouldn’t give her the whole pouch at once, but all that sugar could add up quickly and cause tummy upset or worse. And travel can already cause digestive issues.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I often give Winnie baby food from pouches as a treat. I wouldn't give her the whole pouch just a blob but they come in lots of nice flavours. I only buy those that have minimal ingredients and no salt or sugar or anything undesirable. Pure and natural puree only.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In general, you want to be on the look out for 1) food high in sodium, 2) food high in sugar, 3) food high in fat, 4) any food on a "dogs can not eat list" on Google.

That baby food looks clean to me. You can always give Miss Shay some of that baby food before you travel so you can see how she and her stomach will react.
I didn’t think of doing that. I guess I really should have. Thank You

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks like this particular formula has more than three times the sugar vs. what you’re currently feeding Shay.

Obviously you wouldn’t give her the whole pouch at once, but all that sugar could add up quickly and cause tummy upset or worse. And travel can already cause digestive issues.
When I look for others I’ll check more than ingredients. I didn’t even think of sugars. Thank You.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I often give Winnie baby food from pouches as a treat. I wouldn't give her the whole pouch just a blob but they come in lots of nice flavours. I only buy those that have minimal ingredients and no salt or sugar or anything undesirable. Pure and natural puree only.
That’s what we want it for. Just a little something, something for the top. Thank You.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Always want to check that human safe but dog poison xylitol is not in the ingredient list. I can't imagine it would be in baby or toddler puree, but it's still worth checking for in any prepared food sold for humans before giving to a dog.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Always want to check that human safe but dog poison xylitol is not in the ingredient list. I can't imagine it would be in baby or toddler puree, but it's still worth checking for in any prepared food sold for humans before giving to a dog.
Thank You I couldn’t remember the full spelling just that it started with an X.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts