Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I guess I missed a lot by not being on here consistently for the past month or so. Hope Neelix finds a great forever home.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow not sure I get that past comment and yes what a cutie I would love to havein my house had I not bought a SMALL house.
Hope someone takes him to a pet house soon

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've been on here a lot and have no idea what's going on either. Don't feel bad. Pretty dog though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ditto!

I have to agree, some of the comments are just down right mean. :(
Too much time on their hands?

I don't know 'the story' either, but I've had a puppy come back to me recently, and it's not something to ever jump to conclusions about. It's rarely a fault with the puppy but the home.
I also hope this dear boy will bring joy to someone very soon too.

Karen

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Here's the story as I understand it...

BRP and Arreau as red breeders have issues with each other outside the board that sometimes carry onto the board. BRP often posts questions or comments that may seem "innocent" but rightly or wrongly are interpreted by others as being targeted at Arreau. Perhaps Arreau does the same, but BRP is the one who does it more obviously! Many threads have exploded into heated discussion as a result of this.

In the meantime, a new red poodle owner called RedVelvet joined from California. Didn't give much info about himself in his intro thread, which is here. http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=5178

RV started a thread questioning/ being negative about breeders "fostering dogs", which is here. http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=5801 Fostering is something Arreau does and BRP doesn't.

Jac then figured out on yet another thread that RedVelvet is in fact BigRedPoodle's husband over here. http://www.poodleforum.com/showthread.php?t=2759 He and I and some others felt that this information should have been disclosed, rather than misleading info about being from California and only having one dog.

So that's the story! It's hard to follow because it went all over the forum onto different threads.

Edited to add: I have no idea of what the story with Neelix is. But that's the story of falling out between BRP and some other members.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What does that have to do with Nelix looking for a good pet home? He is a beautiful puppy and sometimes things fall through. Life happens.

I have been watching this forum for a while now and I see issues with more than just those two breeders.

Sometimes it gets down right nasty, I stay because there are a lot of good people on here too who have constructive things to say.

I am sorry, and I will probably get blasted but why pick on Nelix? Has no one ever had an older pup needing a home?

It looked like bait for another rumble to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
What does that have to do with Nelix looking for a good pet home? He is a beautiful puppy and sometimes things fall through. Life happens.

I have been watching this forum for a while now and I see issues with more than just those two breeders.

Sometimes it gets down right nasty, I stay because there are a lot of good people on here too who have constructive things to say.

I am sorry, and I will probably get blasted but why pick on Nelix? Has no one ever had an older pup needing a home?

Gingersnap... who on this thread "picked on" Neelix? What I read is that everyone on here feels bad that his home plans seemed to have fallen through and they hope that he finds a great home - I didn't see anything nasty or detracting at all - just supportive...

The facts of Cdnjenna's post were just to help people understand what had gone on before but have nothing to do with wishing the best for Neelix... I guess I don't get it...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, what ever, If you have read the whole thread than you will see that I am not the only one who feels this way.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Haha, you've probably hit the nail on the head. I don't know... I don't really care about Neelix, things happen when it comes to breeding. I just wanted to connect the dots on why some members are now upset with BRP.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts