Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Announcing and passing out the August 2019 Photo Contest
Awards & Screensaver Gifts!

We have a winner in each of our two categories this month, Water Theme Poodles and Action Poodles. Congratulations KChen95 and Reraven123!

Please see all photo entries at this PF link, including the winning entries, they were all fabulous.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks to the contestants and voters
for your participation and giving PF that little extra sparkle!

*************​

If you would like to transform your photos into artsy pics and screensavers,
you can do so for free with no sign up at LunaPic.com.

For detailed directions on how to maximize LunaPic and for other photo editing tips, see my tutorials here at Poodle Forum, and feel free to add to that thread if you also have tips.

Registered
Big congratulations to the winners!:first::first: Your pictures of your adorable, happy dogs are really stupendous. And Vita! Your screen savers are truly out of this world gorgeous.

I loved everyone's pictures. All the dogs are looking so happy and fulfilled!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #11
Reraven, if you (or anyone else) is curious how I made your middle shot screensaver with the reflecting water, I combined two art effects on LunaPic. See Post 17 on my PF Photo Editing Tutorial thread here; it has fun photo examples.

In your case, I first used the Space Effect under the 'Art' tab. This gave the photo the starry look. I saved it on my desktop, then re-uploaded the starry version. This time I went to the Animation tab and selected Reflecting Water. To get a copy of this, I used the snipping tool (See Post 2 on tutorial thread) and saved that on my desktop too.

For combining the two photos, just see Post 17 again. It sounds complicated but if you're comfortable with Adobe Photoshop, with some practice it doesn't take that long.

The longest thing is trying out different photoshop art effects to see which one makes any photo look most appealing. Some work great on certain types of photos but not others. For me this relaxing and fun seeing the various creative results. I hope LunaPic never closes down!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts