Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, it's great to meet so many poodle people! My husband and I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our puppy, Austen, is a minipoodle who is 4.5 months old.

He's our first poodle, my first dog, and my first puppy. I had no idea what I was getting into re: puppy energy, but instantly falling in love with this little furball helped me deal with the sleep deprivation and nipping he did early on! He's so clever and affectionate.

I've picked up a lot of tips from this forum (puzzle toys! Himalayan yak cheese chews!) and I wanted to say thank you. I really enjoy seeing everyone's pictures, so here a few of Austen.

Baby Austen (all eyes and nose!) at 8.5 weeks:

BabyAusten.jpg

14 weeks:

18 weeks, just before his first trip to the groomer's (so many people asking "What kind of Doodle is he?"):

Playing with his snuggle puppy a week after his haircut:

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
Welcome I hope you will continue to share your adventures with Austen.

Reactions: Austen

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi and welcome. I am from Halifax too so nice to see another east coast Canadian. Where do you get your lovely puppy I have a standard poodle almost the same colour called Atlas. I got the doodle question a lot in the early days too hence the haircut now.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you and your family, which now includes Austen!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to you and Austen from a fellow Canadian. :)

The first couple of years really can be quite a shock....even to those of us who've had many dogs!
Thanks, @PeggyTheParti ! Your girl is gorgeous too. :)

Welcome I hope you will continue to share your adventures with Austen.
Thanks, @lily cd re ! Will do. I enjoy hearing about Lily and Javelin's adventures.

Welcome. I see you have a stuffy fan like my boy.

Thanks @cowpony ! We have a stuffy-destroyer I'm afraid! Snuggle Puppy was pricey but she's held up.
Welcome to you and Austen! Are you thinking of doing the 52 week challenge?
Thanks @Fenris-wolf ! I will look into that, it sounds fun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi and welcome. I am from Halifax too so nice to see another east coast Canadian. Where do you get your lovely puppy I have a standard poodle almost the same colour called Atlas. I got the doodle question a lot in the early days too hence the haircut now.
@Applecelery how lovely to meet a neighbour here! Atlas is such a handsome fellow. We got Austen from LeeAnn's Poodles in PEI.

Welcome! Your baby is darling. I always love to see the post grooming transformation.
Thanks @Raindrops ! It really is a transformation just getting the FFT done. We had a split second of "is that really our dog?" when we picked him up from the groomer's :LOL:

Hi and Welcome to you and your family, which now includes Austen!
Thank you for the welcome, @Rose n Poos !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome, Austen is beautiful. I was also driven to my first poodle cut on my mini poodle when the what kind of doddle is he moved on to someone asking if he was an Afghan hound puppy...I knew the puppy fluff had to be tamed at that point. Enjoy your puppy and I’ll enjoy seeing pictures of him growing up.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Ahhh, he's so cute - welcome to the both of you.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Welcome to you and Lucy - love the transformation with the groom. Hope to hear about her adventures.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome, Austen is beautiful. I was also driven to my first poodle cut on my mini poodle when the what kind of doddle is he moved on to someone asking if he was an Afghan hound puppy...I knew the puppy fluff had to be tamed at that point. Enjoy your puppy and I’ll enjoy seeing pictures of him growing up.
@Finn's mum I almost spit out my tea when I read that. Afghan hound puppy, haha! My friend has a large, furry mixed breed dog and people have asked if he's a bear or even a lion. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to you and Lucy - love the transformation with the groom. Hope to hear about her adventures.
Thanks @Asta's Mom the grooming makes such a big difference.

Our puppy is Austen; Lucy is also Canadian but on the other coast. I named him after Jane Austen, one of my favourite authors of all time. It suits him; he's a keen observer of the world and can be quite witty.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Thanks @Asta's Mom the grooming makes such a big difference.

Our puppy is Austen; Lucy is also Canadian but on the other coast. I named him after Jane Austen, one of my favourite authors of all time. It suits him; he's a keen observer of the world and can be quite witty.
She’s my favorite author, how wonderful to name your poodle after her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts