Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find Atticus this morning when I woke up. Hes usually sleeping right next to me, or on my other pillow. I got up and searched the house because I saw my bedroom door was open and couldnt find him! I checked my room one more time and called for him and his little head popped up from behind my comforter. He made himself a little nest and didnt want to wake up! He loves sleeping in, he's usually not ready to get up until 10:30 lol.

he was ready to get back to sleep, lol.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Awww hahah your title had me worried there for a second!! :)
That is so cute. Atticus is such a little goof! <3
Desmond's getting to be a late sleeper as well. It used to be HE would wake me up, now I practically have to pick him up and put him on his feet for him to get up. ;) lol he goes right back to sleep after he potties though. Lazy bones. :p

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I am sooo jealous of your late sleeper! Beau gets up at the crack of dawn; I no longer need an alarm clock. Sometimes I can get him to come back and take a nap, but then he has to run his routine: jump up on the side of the bed, bark at me, and move away when I reach for him to pick him up onto the bed. Once on the bed, he either circles a bit then curls up for a through (and throughly annoying) self-licking session, or sneaks up and begins madly licking me or my wife, preferably behind or inside the ear. Then he jumps off the bed, curls up and sleeps on the floor. Good thing he's so cute . . .

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
How do you convince him to sleep in? Mine is good as gold until the alarm clock goes off, but has no patience with my old routine of two or three goes with the snooze button. He does not approve of snooze buttons :).

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I was a little worried that getting a dog would make a morning person out of me, but Teddy is like Atticus. He doesn't even budge after the alarm has gone off (except maybe to go belly-up for a rub down). I'm more likely to be pestered by the cat!

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Mine are very good - I don't have an alarm now I am sort-of-retired (Hurray, hurray - after all those pre 6am mornings, I LOVE getting up whenever I like!). Sophy will sleep as long as she is left undisturbed - Poppy starts getting edgy, but will settle down if asked. If they really need to go out early, I take them out in my dressing gown, admire the sunrise with them, and we then all go back to bed for an hour or two - bliss! Atticus is a poppet - I love the picture of him peeping over the quilt.

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOL that's cute! I just love his deep red color too. :)

I have a morning dog that will sleep til I get up and the other one that likes to touch her pointy nose against mine in a "surprise" wake up call almost daily between 6:30-7 >.<

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The little dude is so cute! He totally looks like, "mom, I'm sleepin here! Put the camera away and get back in bed!"
Love Atticus!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts