Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided it was time to give Atticus a hair cut, and of course my clippers SUCK (or maybe its just me, lol). I thought I'd give them one more try before tossing them because I thought they were only terrible last time because of Atticus' soft puppy hair. Welllllll, thats not the case. It completely butchered his hair so now I'm working on a modified continental. I've got his bum all shaved I just gotta do his front legs (which hes gunna give me hell for), scissor/shape everything, shave his feet and give him a little stache. I was planning on putting him in a miami which I completely failed at but I have to admit his naked butt is so CUTE!!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
How I learned how to shape the right poms on the legs is to shave from a bit from the top of the bend in the back leg, then get a comb and measure that from the ground up, and take it to the front leg and shave a little above that.. lemme draw, lol.

legs.jpg

Of course, your dogs legs are longer than this one..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fluffyspoos that helped a ton!

Well everyone at home is giving me crap about his cut and say he looks stupid. But I think it looks cute! I think I did a great job on him! I'm going to shave his feet and shape him up tomarrow, I think he had enough for today haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts