Poodle Forum banner

Attacked but ok

5K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  hrsldy 
I feel for you and your babies. This is a story I hear way way too many times and have had experienced myself. In this case, it doesn't sound like full negligence on the part of the owner as the dogs were not roaming free but still they are at fault for not being aware their door was not strong enough to withstand the pounding. I would wager this had happened before as you can't be the first person to walk down the street with a dog and cause pressure to hit the door. Sadly though, there is a small chance you were the first and the door in the past was just weakened until you lost the lottery and it finally broke.

You know you are within your rights to ask that the vet bills be covered. If it was me, I would show them the actual bill and say you would rather handle it between good neighbors and not risk the authorities as then their babies may be confiscated. I would be sure if it was me to present this in a most diplomatic way. If they refuse, you would then have to decide how much you feel they were not taking reasonable care to contain their dogs and proceed by following your heart.

If they do pay up, you may want to plant a seed and just ask "for a friend" how they have fixed strengthening their door because your "friend" has the same problem and when she heard your story really wanted to make sure she did everything she could to make sure her dogs didn't get in a fight and be taken away, or worse - lose the fight and their life.

I'm glad it wasn't worse. But I wish it didn't happen at all. Have good hugs and give lots of healing hugs. And a cyber hug to you too.

I've been nearby when pepper spray was deployed and it was awful. Took my breath away and others required emergency treatment.

I wonder if there are better options out there. I keep a whistle attached to my jacket, near my mouth so I could easily call for help in emergency situations. But I'd like to add some sort of spray.
In Ajijic, Mexico, a lot of the dog owners carried a can of wasp spray. It looked bulky to carry and I wondered about the long term effects on the dogs or them for that matter. Then there was the tiny little lady that carried a long cattle prod. I got that as a better option as the shock is short term. But she looked very nutty walking around with the thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.