Poodle Forum banner

Attacked but ok

5K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  hrsldy 
I'm so sorry that this happened to you guys?. I'm glad that it wasn't any worse. (Hugs to you guys) from what you were saying the Mister seemed really intense. Maybe they could work with a trainer or something instead and get their door fixed so that it won't happen again

I learned a few other things today about just what's possible in the lightspeed these attacks seem to happen in. Instinct is practically all you have unless you've literally trained for this.

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as safety training classes to attend? Not person safety only but to protect your dog/s too. There's no way I'm letting them fend for themselves. If you don't have practiced techniques and muscle memory working for you, you're all in danger.

When this subject has come up before, I'd thought about carrying an umbrella or walking stick. That's not even a little realistic when you're managing two pups. I keep a whistle handy, not even a nanosecond available to grab it, and I needed my hands to do other things.

If this should ever happen again, my feet are my only weapon. I understand that now. Letting go the leashes crossed my mind for that split second but I split second decided that wasn't right here. Neo was plastered to me and up was the only way to keep him even a bit safe. Remo, sensibly and shaking, just tried to stay invisible.
I don't know if there's something like that or not, but I've been wondering the same thing.

I've done a quick search and found nothing like. This sounds like a business waiting to happen!

------------

Hijacking my own thread for a minute

And I meant to mention earlier that I thanked the staff at the clinic on behalf of Poodle Forum and my family. I asked them to please pass on the good wishes to the staff not there tonight.

I've seen several threads re the stress animal health workers are under and wanted them to know that a body such as PF recognizes and appreciates what they do and how hard it can be for them.

The vet, who was already very nice, just lit up and talked for a few minutes about how hard it can be for them too.

Thanks PF for recognizing those efforts!
It does sound like a business waiting to happen!

That's awesome that you did that. Yeah, I've read things about the stress that Animal Health Workers are under. I'm so glad that the vet lit up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.