Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogan, watching the waves come in... he was a little unsure about all the noise at first, it was cute ... slowly but surely, he came closer and closer to the water...

hangin out on the boardwalk

walking with daddy

it was really hard to get great pictures, but I thought I would share a few anyway, the sky was so pretty and it was a beautiful mild day for February in Canada!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and one with mommy (me :))

and one more, just cause I think the sky is so pretty and you can see the lighthouse in the background ... (I can't wait for spring!)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He's looking all grown up and gorgeous! He looks tall in those pictures with lots of hair!

What a fun day.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Pretty pictures! It looks cold :smow: there! I love the first picture with the ocean, the beach, the ice and Rogan... so pretty!

·
Registered
263 Posts
wow heather, he is so beautiful! I love his tail set and
his long, long legs....he does look tall. Gorgeous boy!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
He is a handsome hunka hunka!!! Isn't it unreal how quickly they grow up??

Looks like you had a gorgeous day there too. I actually went out and cleaned some windows just to get some fresh air.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a gorgeous day, I think the temp was about +2 today which is 35 Fahrenheit for those of you south of the border :) it was so sunny and bright, we just had to make the most of it!
Rogan is a week away from his 8 month birthday. I just weighed and measured him, he's 21.5 inches tall and 38.5 pounds... His mom and dad are both about 22" and about 35-40 pounds. I'm thinking he might grow to be a touch larger then his mom and dad, but I don't know, he may be done growing, love to know your opinions on this. It boggles my mind how quickly he's grown into this handsome big boy, he's definitely not looking puppyish to me at all anymore!! I love his coat, he's like a big fluffy stuffed toy and he's such a bright red it's just stunning to see him running along the beach with the bright blue sky as his backdrop! We had fun! Thanks for all your kind comments :)

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Lucy's 1/2 brother is soooooo beautiful (or should I say handsome?) :) I can so see the resemblance to Lucy in the last picture in your first post - Dugan makes some nice babies! I love his long luxurious coat, too! Thanks so much for sharing his pictures!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Lucy's 1/2 brother is soooooo beautiful (or should I say handsome?) :) I can so see the resemblance to Lucy in the last picture in your first post - Dugan makes some nice babies! I love his long luxurious coat, too! Thanks so much for sharing his pictures!
I thouight the same thing about the resemblance. Dugan does indeed make beautiful kids!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dugan is amazing!! I love that dog!! So do you guys think Rogan will get any bigger? or is he pretty much going to stay this size?

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I don't think he's going to get a lot (or noticably) bigger... usually by the time dogs are 6-8 months old, they've reached at least 80% of their growth - they'll still continue growing but it won't be, like, "WOW look how big my dog got overnight!!!" He may fill out a little more, but he probably won't get huge... I love his size, though!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I agree with PC. Dugan doesn't produce big kids, and the bulk of their growing is normally done by nine months old. His colllar may get a tad tighter or his coat a bit snug, but other than that, his growth now will not really even be noticable. Is his Mom Feebee or Summer?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think he's going to get a lot (or noticably) bigger... usually by the time dogs are 6-8 months old, they've reached at least 80% of their growth - they'll still continue growing but it won't be, like, "WOW look how big my dog got overnight!!!" He may fill out a little more, but he probably won't get huge... I love his size, though!!
I love his size too, I was hoping for a couple inches taller, so we'll see! lol... I can't get over how much they grow in such a short time!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
It's a good thing human babies don't grow at that speed, or eight month old babies would be the size of a refrigerator, and two year olds would be as big as a house.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks, it really means a lot to me, especially coming from all the "Red Spoo people"! This is my first Standard and I am in love with everything about him! :love:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts