Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried canned pumpkin, but he won't eat it, even when I mix it with goodies. Open to alternative suggestions, other things I might try. Do you think gas has anything to do with it?

He is not experiencing any of the signs of bloat.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
If it is constipation, a very little liver may help. Not too much, or you may have the opposite problem! I use sweet potatoes for fibre, cooked till very soft with a little ground meat to make them more palatable - you could cook a batch and freeze in suitably sized patties if he finds those more acceptable than tinned pumpkin.

For diarrhoea I am a recent convert to Royal Canin Sensitivity Control tinned food - expensive, but it really works for Poppy even when home made rice and chicken doesn't, so I now make sure to always have a few tins to hand. The US formulation may be different, of course.

Reactions: Vita and Asta's Mom

·
Registered
123 Posts
Psyllium fiber capsules are a good source of soluble fiber and may be easier to get down him. Apples contain both soluble and insoluble fiber plus the laxative sugar alcohol sorbitol. Psyllium will probably have a better effect.

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all - I was able to get some carrots and apples down him and hopefully that will do the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts