Poodle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
How interesting. My two don't seem to be that sensitive, but both of those ideas are clever to keep in my grooming brain for just in case.

Reactions: Asta's Mom

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I never would have thought of it either! I use coconut oil if mine get sensitive, but I tend to clip with the grain to prevent irritation.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh Aqua Velva been around for ages. I remember the commercials from when I was young. There's also a cocktail by the same name. At first I thought...nah, not our Asta! lol.:drink:

I have usually dabbed on which hazel with a cotton ball after shaving the two boys. I think it makes them feel wonderful. They're not terribly sensitive but of course, shaving makes minute "wounds" in the skin so that makes sense to use some kind of astringent. I'd never use alcohol though...that's too harsh.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
'what a smart idea. I would completely avoid anything with alcohol which stings and fragrance/perfume which can be an irritant and a source of allergies. But alcohol free witch hazel and aloe are a great choice.

My dog doesn't have any problems but that's probably because I use a 10 blade. But I'll keep this tip in mind if I ever need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.