Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 years in a Scandi cut, I wanted a change for my 8 year old Ruby. We are into our 4th month of switching to an Asian inspired style. While I will always love the classic look of a Scandi, I am enjoying this cute, less time-consuming style! Are there any others here on PF that have tried this Asian type groom on their poodle?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I've played around with it on my mini
He was growing out from some kind of cut, can't remember what but that's why his legs are so skinny

And obviously not freshly groomed in this one (he has tassle ears here)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I’m a fan of the Asian haircut but can never do it right. It ends up looking odd. I love the photos here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
It's such a cute trim for a poodle - but I find it easier to keep the face clean when it's shaved.

Your puppy is adorable.

Reactions: rubymom

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
So very cute but I would have a hard time keeping it looking so cute ....so yeah, we are all for clean faces! LOL! Me and scissors are a disaster!!!!hahaha!!!

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
While I am a clean face fan I do have to say it is cute. I don't get how it is easier or less time consuming than a clean face though.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For me, this Asian is easier to maintain between grooming because there is no Scandi "jacket" to keep brushed out on a daily basis. (Even the ears and topknot are much shorter and requires less brushing!) And as far as keeping the face clean, no problem! I have always washed her face each morning, now, I simply wait until AFTER she eats. And each night, I wash again AFTER teeth brushing. So it really is less time consuming for us!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts