Poodle Forum banner

Asia- my first beloved Whippet

5K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Everline 
#1 ·
This was the joy of my heart- ASIA!! This was the most most amazing dog I have ever lived with. He was playing in the yard one day, being the proud Uncle to a litter of Spoo babies, when out of nowhere, he slipped a disc in his spine and had to be rushed to the vet. The next morning, out of love for him, we had to have him pts...I thought I would die. We got Iris, not to replace him, but to fill the hole he left behind. She couldn't look any less like him. He was a very pale honey and white.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Asia is very pretty and looks like he was a wonderful family member. Just today I am going through a similar very painful experience with my wonderful Tiger that I've had for 17 years. It's so hard to make these decisions and know when the right time is to let them go. Tiger's lying in my lap sleeping, and I love him so. Here's a picture of him with Susie, my little kitty.

#14 ·
Amerique...you will know because you love him what you need to do and when to do it. It is an awful choice to have to make, but we do it out of our love for them, and trhat helps us get through it.

Passion4poodles...His love was so pure and unconditional, and it was a gift I will never forget. I loved him with all of my heart.

Spoospirit...It was one of the hardest thing I have ever done. I could not be with him, because I felt if I watched him draw his last breath that I would die with him. He was very tuned in to my moods, so if I had been there it would have only upset him anyway. My fiance, my Mom and my eldest son stayed with him and all came home with broken hearts but knowing we did the right thing.

Thank you all for your kindness and lovely words about my boy

#15 ·
Ohhhh, what a sweet, sweet looking boy! I LOVE that first shot of him. Sorry to hear about what happened, I know how sad/devastating that is. But, the love they give us always stays with us. My first dog, I got at 7 years old, and she passed when I was 17, I have never forgotten her! I am glad you got to love him for the time you had and he had you to love him. He sure looks like he loved being your pal.

#16 ·
Thank you. Isn't it wonderful that you got your girl at seven and still had ten years with her?

We were inseparable. He got me through my marriage breaking down after 22 years, and would know I was going to cry before I did. He would get up on my knee and begin to lick my face where the tears were going to fall. He was my sanity when my kids all moved away and my nest was empty. And he saw me through the awkwardness of dating again after I had long forgotten how to do it. Then he helped me fall in love with my soul mate by accepting him and trusting him and never being jealous of him. I htink he has always been one of my guardian angels.

#19 ·
So, so blessed. It was quite a few years ago, and I will always remember him. Just out of the blue I will think of something he did that put a huge smile on my face. It took quite a while before the tears were replaced with smiles, and even with the pain of losing him, knowing I would not have ever traded the seven years I had with him, even with that pain a part of loving him. (Does that make sense?) I hope your pain is softening now too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.