Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Poppy can't understand why her 8pm supper seems to be getting later. She keeps telling me that it must be time - it's getting dark!

And as soon as it is really dark she wants to go out and look for Heloise the hedgehog, and then out again to see if the cats have dropped any food (which is also why the hedgehog comes visiting), and then reckons if there is we are not going to do anything interesting we should go to bed, so as to be ready to start all over again with breakfast as early as possible. I sometimes think life in the tropics with a more or less fixed day length would have decided benefits!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
We moved to Scotland in June, 1966. Our children were 2 and 3 years old then. I had to put a blackout curtain on the window in the kid's room because they simply could not believe they had to go to bed in broad daylight!

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Ah, but if you lived in the tropics then it would always be Too Hot. Well, unless you moved to the slopes of Puncak Jaya. How would they feel about living on a mountain ;) ?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true - and breakfast would be at 6am every day, too. And they would hate tropical rain... Perhaps we had better stay here, and put up with the short winter days. At least winter doesn't seem to last as long as it did when I was young - time zooms as you get older!

Reactions: Mfmst and dogsavvy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts