Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Wow, scary stuff. Thanks for posting this. I know it is now illegal in three of ten provinces in Canada for a vet to dock tails, and if I were breeding Dobes, I would be hardpressed to find a vet ANYWHERE here that would crop ears. Then everyone has a fit when a breeder crops their own and botches some of them badly.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I find more and more breeders here are going for natural tails. Honestly, I hope one day we do not have to do it to show and get anywhere, because I HATE doing it. Dews, no problem, tails YUCK!!! The natural tails grow on you. I am starting to think they look kind of cute.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
When we get rid of puppymills, dog fighting rings and stop putting down millions of animals, then we can talk about a minor procedure that doesn't seem to affect the dog at all. How many Poodles and other docked dogs seem traumatized by the experience? Mine doesn't.

I find it absurd that veternarian associations will speak out about docking/cropping and dog shows, when they've never made a statement about petstores, the Hunte corporation (and other brokers) or the vets that work for them. (Every puppy sold by the Hunte corporation/petland is health checked by a vet.) Those are serious and relevant concerns for vet associations.
Doing the tails and dew claws doesn't affect the babies at all. They squeak for a second, go right back to Mommy and are fine.

There are a ton of things that are WAY more important than what they are trifling about!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.