Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rory is our lightest puppy, but basing things on last years litter, he will darken to a rich medium red, as his full brother Jackson did in 2008. His new Mom and Dad flew to Toronto from Oklahoma City and flew home with him in the cabin. He is certainly well loved, and will share his home with two spayed Standard Poodle females. He is one lucky puppy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
He's an adorable wee pup!! :cute:
I'm facinated by darkening Red poodles...
Do you have any pics of Jackson as a pup? and then as he darkened? I would LOVE to see that! I've heard of that happening, but it's so rare you don't hear of it often!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are in the middle of a renovation so finding my disks of last years litter could be a chore. I will try though. In the meantime, if you go to our website at www.redstandardpoodles.net and go to our Meet Our Dogs page, then to See Our Puppies, you will see him when he was wee. He was about the ahde or a caramel. But on our welcome page, he is the fiery red dog on the right hand side. Just gorgeous!! Betty-Jo was dark enough as a baby, but has continued to darken, and at 14 months old is almost burgundy.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Love seeing these pics of puppies going to their new families. Can see the love you give before they leave. It must be kind of hard to part with them. But at least you know they are going to great homes. Ex. one family driving 16.5 hours to pick up the puppy; another flying to Toronto in order to fly home with the little one in the cabin. Now that's what I call dedicated and loving families!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sincerely hope that the love they get here shows. I cry when every puppy leaves and each one owns a little piece of my heart, It is VERY hard to let them go, but most of the people who choose one of my furbabies to live with them have been inundated with videos and photos of the wee ones first eight weeks, so they are kind enough to return the same and keep me abreast of how things are going once thyey get their redheads home, and any accomplishments. I also gets calls to aide the new families with house breaking, crate training, etc. Thanks you for your kind words. We love them and are glad people seem to pick up on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts