Poodle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
3 dogs  2 10  17.jpg
hq does not work on my site so iwill try this
This is how cuddly and attention mine like. with my aunt here it is 24/7 from morning to night. So if they do something wrong.e their punishment is they cannot set with Aunt Alma. Truely from 7 am to 10 pm except when we are eating. And she loves it as much as they do

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Asta loves to hug. I use the command "Jump up" and he will put his paws on my shoulders and I bend down slightly so he can give me kisses. He is also a big cuddler, likes nothing better than to lay down next to me and nudge for petting. He is just a big baby boy.

Sure, all dogs are different, but Asta has been like this ever since he was a puppy. Now get the scissors near him and that's another thing entirely.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
With therapy dog work, the dogs have to be taught to deal with unusual situations. Some dogs tolerate hugging; some actually enjoy it. Case in point- my daughter had her Airedale, and I had Sailor for their very first school visit. Well, a child escaped from another class, ran from across the field, with two aides and a teacher in hot pursuit, and made a bee-line for the dogs. All we had time to do was to make sure the dogs were turned so that they could see "Greased Lightning" approaching. The kid comes to a screeching halt in front of the Airedale, grabs her by the beard, and plants a big kiss on the dog's nose. The dog was completely relaxed and, totally in love. We expected that reaction from Sailor, but not so much from Miss Prickly... and certainly not on a first visit. Another time, Sailor got clutched by a young boy with MS. The teacher was going to intervene and peel Sailor loose. I looked at Sailor closely, and told the teacher to leave the pair alone. Sailor was very content, as was the boy. I did keep an eye on them, but Sailor was relaxed with his tail gently wagging the whole time. With the therapy dogs--sometimes they do things because they are trained to do it, and sometimes they do things because they were born to do it!

·
Registered
338 Posts
With my girls, they both act differently when I show them affection. Belle can be much more aloof. It's like she allows me to love on her. Princess is the complete opposite, she loves being next to me, always touching me in some way. Be it laying her head in my lap or just being close. She will always move to where I'm at, follow me everywhere. She watches me in the morning and is the first to pop up and be at my side, tail wagging, eyes pleading, don't go get coffee without me. Haha! Belle, will wait until the absolute last moment to get up, stretch casually and meander over to get leashed for her walk. Just different. I do hug and kiss them often, just with Belle I'm a little more reserved.
I have not read that article and don't intend to. I can't possibly stop showing them affection because I see they way they reciprocate , even with just the look in their eyes. Belle smiles with her eyes, and Princess always looks a bit mischievous.
Jcris

21 - 24 of 24 Posts