Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I think he looks cute, I do agree with less off of the tail. When we got our girl last week her tail looked really really odd so I scissored it off completely and we are letting it regrow. You tail looks alot better than Jazz's did though so all in all well done :)

-Leia

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree on the tail. Its hard making it even and sometimes it has to be cut shorter just in order to do so. His hair is a real funny texture. It almost seems as though he has a frizzy open coat. Its not really curly but its frizzy.. weird.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It wasn't the length of the tail hair itself that I commented on, it was the hair shaved off at the base. However, if it is an undocked tail, once the tail hair grows, the shaved bit would be in proportion.

Some poodles have better tail hair than others. It often wants to continue to grow round the tail and you have to constantly brush it outwards. The bit I find hard to shape is the chest hair - getting your scissors in at the right angle.

·
Registered
207 Posts
He looks lovely :D im not going to shave my poodle just a sheep cut in the summer i like her looking like a lamb lol and i wouldnt know how to shape her anyway:tongue:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think he looks fantastic! looks to me your doing better than ok!
I just clipped Scooter today, gave him poms and a shaved butt,
I think it looks cute! ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Your grooming is really good. Keep the good work up.

My only criticism would be, dont take too much off the tail, its clipped too far down and it should resemble a big puffy pom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts