Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this how her toes should look when bearing weight? They're turning in slightly...

Or laying down, twisted to the side?

I know, a total newbie dog question. Sorry, but thank you for your help!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
She looks like she toes-in in the front. I wouldn't worry about it. Poodle feet do weird things when the puppy is growing. I have seen good feet go totally flat when the puppy is teething molars around age 7 months and then they go back to being good. Some people like to feed calcium supplements. Couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bella's Momma, Not sure about the turned in toes or twisted feet, just checked ours out to see if they did this, and they don't. I'm sure there will be someone on here who can answer your questions for you though.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I guess she's like that 11 year old child. LOL. I will sit tight on the worrying for a while then. ;) When do you think they stop growing?

So speaking of 'awkward puppy stage,' how she sits cracks me up:

And here is the only photo I have of her standing on hard ground. Most are in the grass so you can't really see much:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
She will keep growing until she is about 2 years old.

Hmm they look okay to me.

haha her toes look long because her paws are shaved to far up I had to look a couple of times to see what was off lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She will keep growing until she is about 2 years old.

Hmm they look okay to me.

haha her toes look long because her paws are shaved to far up I had to look a couple of times to see what was off lol
Oh really? They're not normally shaved that high? She came that way and the groomer has just been trimming them. My mom calls them monkey toes! I had a collie and a lab mix growing up, so we're not quite used to 'bare' toes.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Puppies do some funny things when they are growing. The first pictures look like she is toeing in but the last one you posted of her standing looks like she toes out, maybe it's just the angle of the photograph.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh really? They're not normally shaved that high? She came that way and the groomer has just been trimming them. My mom calls them monkey toes! I had a collie and a lab mix growing up, so we're not quite used to 'bare' toes.
Yeah they should only be shaved to the top of the toes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts