Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 5 month old Toy poodle managed to steal an apple core and ate the whole thing before I realised. He seemed fine and happy so I didn't worry but since then he has been sick twice. He's still eating and drinking and walking but I was wondering if anyone else has had experience in this and if you think I need to take him to the vets?
Thanks,
Grace
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
Apple cores are not toxic - the pips contain a tiny amount of cyanide but he would have to eat more than a hundred for them to be dangerous. There is a small danger of the core itself causing a blockage, but if he has vomited he should have got rid of most of it already. I would keep an eye on him and be ready for a bit of diarrhoea later on, but I don't think you need to worry unless he fails to produce a poo in the next 24 hours or so.

If in doubt phone your vet for advice when they are open, but I don't think this needs an emergency visit.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top