Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the regular Andis 2-speed, but found what looks like a slightly different model, Andis Excel 2-speed for a little cheaper online....

If anyone has used it I would love to hear what you have to say, is the quality very different compared to the reg 2-speed? Can you use the Wahl ss combs w it??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Andis two speed - and only use the first speed - bought because it was cheaper to buy.

I find the other speed too fast - as only use it for the body and use comb attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I've never even seen it until today, I'm having a hard time finding out if it is a cheaper model (performance wise) than the regular 2 speed or ultraedge. It seems to go for anywhere between 90-150. Seems to be a little cheaper than the others. It comes with a blade 000?? All the others come with a 10 blade, is the 000 blade something you would even use??

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the Andis two speed - and only use the first speed - bought because it was cheaper to buy.

I find the other speed too fast - as only use it for the body and use comb attachments
That's funny, I only use the second speed on mine! I tried the first speed a few times, but it never seems to clip as smoothly on the first pass. Grooming is so different for different people, it really amazes me. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the 0000 blade is for hair-dressers/barbers. Same companies manufacturer them as for dog groomers, but they number their blades differently. Post the link and I'll take a look.

Nothing wrong with using hairdressers clippers/blades - it's just harder for me mentally to figure out which blade I would be using when I'm used to the numbering system of the dog grooming blades.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i have 2 pairs of andis 2 speed and i love them great clippers very hardy i have dropped mine so many times

i use mine loads as they are my main clipper at work

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm not sure if human hair clippers have the same blade attachment mechanism as pet clippers - they may have their own blades that only fit on human clippers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just went ahead and ordered the andis ultraedge to be safe! Can't wait till it gets here.... a little nervous about how it will go our first time around, but excited since I know it can only get better from there out (right?).

Looking forward to saying goodbye to a little puppy fuzz!! His hair has gotten so long it seems to take MUCH more time to blow out after bath time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts