Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reality show about dog showing... I'm guessing there has to be a poodle in there.

Super Pooches : Programs : TLC : Discovery Press Web

Super Pooches
Premieres on July 21 at 8 PM ET/PT
SUPER POOCHES reveals what it takes to raise and train show dogs and takes an in-depth look at their dedicated and obsessive handlers. Cameras follow four handler teams as they pull out all the stops to ensure their dog ends up on top. Some of these top handlers show dogs at a whopping 180 different shows a year, and tend to be on the road constantly. Keeping their dogs happy, healthy and perfectly groomed is their number one priority. SUPER POOCHES captures all the behind-the-scenes dynamics of the business and the entertaining life on the road that each handler leads. While each of the teams intersect at the competitions, the pressure is on and drama ensues backstage as each of the handlers fight for the coveted prize.
SUPER POOCHES is produced by Departure Films for TLC.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ahahahaaaa, I am sure they got an idea after visiting forums like this LMAO !

I think they made a big mistake not taking US as a participants though ;)- they will never find such a colorful and passionate group EVER :) !!!!

Well... their loss ;) LOL

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Is this a new show or series or a re-run of the animal planet show that was titled 'dog show moms and dads" or something like that. It was several handlers with their dogs, and they seemed to go out of their way to pick a couple of the goofiest people and they followed them around. :rolffleyes: It was pretty funny but gave dog show people a bit of a bad imagine in a way. I hope this one is new, and better done.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Is this a new show or series or a re-run of the animal planet show that was titled 'dog show moms and dads" or something like that. It was several handlers with their dogs, and they seemed to go out of their way to pick a couple of the goofiest people and they followed them around. :rolffleyes: It was pretty funny but gave dog show people a bit of a bad imagine in a way. I hope this one is new, and better done.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm gonna watch it for sure, but it's probably just going to be portraying all show dog owners as crazy weirdos. :\ That was funny in "Best In Show", but that was a satire, so y'know haha. I hope the show will be a bit more realistic.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was at one of the shows where some of these dogs were "filmed"

TLC said they were just filming people that happened to be at the show, but it was soon obvious that it was staged. the poms were nice..the GSD was a joke. even set up a fake ring so the dog could win.

If you search the UKC message boards the first week of April, you will see the comments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts