Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just adopted her and she looks like a dark silver or grey, but has a brownish tint to her fur on the tips. I'm not sure what color she is. I thought maybe blue, but I think she may be to light for a blue. This is our first poodle and I'm just curious. Thanks so much! These are pics of when I got her and after she was groomed. there is a slight difference in color. I was told she is 18 months to 2yrs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
We just adopted her and she looks like a dark silver or grey, but has a brownish tint to her fur on the tips. I'm not sure what color she is. I thought maybe blue, but I think she may be to light for a blue. This is our first poodle and I'm just curious. Thanks so much! These are pics of when I got her and after she was groomed. there is a slight difference in color. I was told she is 18 months to 2yrs.
She looks blue or like a faded black

very cute

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think she is either a blue or silver....leaning more towards blue from the pics. How old is she though? Her age can help determine what color she is as well. If she is an older dog (over two) then I think blue. If she's younger then she could be silver thats not completely cleared yet.

Either way she is really cute. I like her clip...very girly and stylish.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I would tend to say blue as she definitely seems to have that bluish tint to her and not a gray tint like a silver would have. It takes up to three years for a blue to clear and the brown tipping in areas such as the back, top knot and chest is normal on a blue till it fully clears.

Cute little one. Congrats!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she is around 2, or that's what I was told. The brownish tint left is on her poms front and back , around her mouth,and her top knot. I'm not sure if the brownish around her mouth is staining or actual color. so I don't know if i clip them down if it will come back or not. We are very excited about her though. She is our first poodle and now I can't see having any other breed. She is so human like. Just a wonderful joy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
From what I've seen of silver standards, their legs/poms are usually the lightest part of the coat. It's brown, so I'm inclined to think she isn't a silver, and more then likely a blue.

Not to mention her face isn't silver, which is one of the first places to clear when its shaved. Definitely a blue or faded black.

She is a pretty girl either way!

·
Registered
53 Posts
She is just adorable! We looked at some rescues and I would have called them gray at the time. Interesting to know that it really is blue. Do all blues lighten up to that sort of color?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts