Poodle Forum banner

Anyone Know These Standard Brown Breeders

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  TeamHellhound 
#1 ·
I would strongly prefer brown but am open to red too

Autumn Shades Ohio
Magic Hour Kentucky
Autumn Hill Standards Wisconsin (no female availabilty but is the sire of a litter I am considering)
McEnery Standards Texas
Propert's Way NY
SunVal Standards

While I would prefer the Northeast, there is not much available or planned right now but I am open to suggestions. I already know and like Piccolo in Maryland but she has no current availability and I would prefer not to wait. I do not believe Eriand has any either as she mentions minis on her website but will contact her

I would love a Saratoga puppy as they seem to keep their color but they are in Oregon

#10 ·
obviously a little late to respond (I’m new here!) but just wanted to throw out there that I had a black standard poodle from Sanvar. We got her in 1989 and she was put to sleep of old age on Christmas Day 2005. Never had any health issues. She grew up in our family with 5 kids. Highly recommend Sanvar!

#4 ·
I’m just lurking for no reason. Okay 1 reason, I’m stuck in a meeting and was secretly hoping to see some new pictures of brown poodles as an example [emoji23].

You know I don’t think I’ve ever seen a brown or a Parti poodle in person [emoji848]

Goodluck on your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Magic Hour is good,I believe. Know she has some of the same line as Otter. Boxwood in OH (I think) used to have brown. Appachi (sp?) in PA (Otter's mom is co-owned with Rhonda), and Otter's breeder, Marlene Slade (oddly enough, kennel name Saphire (!) has brown-believe Otter's sister Gianna just had a brown litter. She is in Pulaski,NY

#11 ·
Marlene used to breed silvers, so it’s possible that had something to do with her kennel name. My heart dog’s sire was her breeding, and I was so sad that she had switched to browns by the time he passed away four years ago. I’ve never asked her about her kennel name, though.

#8 ·
I’m quite late to the game on this post, but in case you were still seeking info, we have an Autumn Hills pup (our Mac is from her December 2018 litter). We had a wonderful experience with this breeder, after a lengthy search for the right fit. Happy to answer any questions.