Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was Peggy's Christmas gift to my husband. We won't be putting anything in it until she's fully grown, except maybe a roll or two of poop bags. But I'd like her to eventually carry an emergency kit for their adventures together in our sprawling wilderness backyard.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Certain that Peggy is learning some very useful thing. I think I will try that with Asta. He could carry water and my medicine when we are out and about. Plus, he is always excited to learn.new things.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If Jessie were big enough, I bet she'd love a backpack. She loves having a job to do on her walks, so I make due with occasionally letting her carry her tennis ball.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My poodle wears a pack when my wife and I go backpacking. It works well. He clips trees occasionally due to the extra width, but that is to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He looks like he's loving life! That pack fits great.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a nice backpack, good job Peggy for tolerating it!
Evie wheres a backpack when we go hiking.
I was surprised, actually! I figured we'd have to slowly acclimate her to the sensation of wearing it, but she sat so patiently as I put it on, even tolerating all my fiddling with the straps.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Jessie were big enough, I bet she'd love a backpack. She loves having a job to do on her walks, so I make due with occasionally letting her carry her tennis ball.
I bet Jessie looks adorable with her tennis ball! Peggy sometimes decides to bring a toy on her walks or toilet breaks and it cracks me up.

My last dog, Gracie, briefly wore a backpack, but it slipped down under her belly. I should have invested in a better one.

She was pretty small at the time. Maybe 9 lbs? They do make pretty tiny versions! Could carry a poop bag or two :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Sailor used to wear a Ruffwear Approach back pack as his service dog vest. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I do remember sewing part of the backpack closed so that it was not so deep. He used to carry dog stuff and my wallet, so I was not burdened with a purse. Wilson just has a small cape by Bold Lead Design that attaches to the back of his harness. The only problem I ever had was that the Ruffwear back pack was too wide for the dog to navigate small airplanes. So, once I knew it was going to be an issue I just removed the pack before boarding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts