Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems to delight in taking anything that she isn't supposed to have from anyplace she can reach. She just walks by and snatches random things off of table, counters, shelves, the book case... you get he idea.

Saleen goes beyond counter surfing. She's done it since puppyhood and is the only one in the house who does. The little guys can't reach unless there is something to jump up onto that can give them a boost to get ON the counters (and believe me they would in a heartbeat) and Jazz is to much of a lady I guess. We don't keep food up there just appliances. Everything has to be put away and pushed all the way back on the counter so as not to attracted her attention. Today I got busy feeding Nicholas who doesn't seem to feel well today and took my eyes off her for a few minutes. She got up on the counter and out of the strainer in the sink she got a bottle. Actually she got two of them but one was just a storage bottle. On the real bottle she chewed up the thingy that goes inside it and supposedly prevents air, chewed the cap and ATE the nipple. I found pieces of it and not much else. I wanted to strangle her! She also snitched Nicholas' Easter bunny (stuffed animal, not chocolate) off the bookcase where it's been looking sooooo cute. Jazz tore the eye off of it so in the trash it goes I guess.

Methinks I need a dogwalker to help me wear the big girls out on days like today when I cannot. I'm trying not to leave them in the yard so much now that it is so warm and they did so much damage to it. Plus they stay cleaner and I am suddenly totally anal about cleaning the floors and dusting. We were going on 2mile walks daily but it got so hot and humid that I can't right now.

Poor girl, not enough for her to do so she finds her own fun things.I stuck her Kong in the freezer a bit ago with some yummy stuff in it so that will keep her busy for a while tomorrow if we can't walk again. Hopefully we will all be feeling better (and she won't get sick from her little nipple snack) and we can go to the park tomorrow. Depends. I am really allergic to yellow flies and usually always get at least one bad bite each year, I'm now dealing with my third bit in about as many weeks. They are bad this year. My whole knee is about twice it's normal size and I can barely move it, hope the swelling goes down soon so I can walk normally. It's kind of pathetic to have to admit that I am limping and can barely use my leg as the result of a bug bite. :doh:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oh, no! Sounds like you got a case of too much poodley energy! LOL! :laugh:

Dana could give Saleen a run for her money! Yesterday, for example, she was relatively good until noon, at which point she proceeded to eat my coworker's entire lunch.

While I left for the grocery store to buy my disgruntled friend a new lunch, Dana got hold of a brand new roll of duct tape and shredded the whole thing. There was tape everywhere! Little bits of it stuck to the floor, the walls, her fur, everywhere.

I was the only one who thought it was funny. :eek:hwell:

Later that day, I took Dana for a long, long walk, with some running here and there, to really tire her out. When we got home, a whole hour and a half later, I thought Dana would be exhausted for sure. I know I was dog tired!

While I crashed in front of the TV and watched Glee reruns, Dana sauntered off to the bathroom and tore up ALL the toilet paper. :wacko:

And then, just this morning, Dana jumped up to meet a client at the front desk and she caught the till with her paw. The whole contents of the cash box went flying everywhere! Needless to say, the cash did not balance at the end of the day.

I never laughed so hard in my life. Dana and I better shape up soon, though, or she wont be allowed at work anymore. :doh:

Good luck to you and Saleen!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Regardless of whether he's bored, my mini poo is totally obsessed with stealing things too! It's really funny, he'll spy something totally innocuous (a balled-up tissue, a hair rubber band or his VERY VERY favorite, my plastic claw-type hair clip) and he'll saunter past like he's not going to do anything and then at the last minute--ZOINK!--he has it in his mouth and he's off running.

It makes me laugh so hard, even though it's totally annoying to have to go get the stuff out of his mouth. I always picture Shaggy on the old Scooby Doo cartoons snatching something he shouldn't have and saying "Zoink!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Must be a poodle thing cause my little one does it also. If I drop something...then I have to go and get it out of her bed. Same with laundry, toilet paper and even pens and pensils... So far, she doesn't chew the items up, just moves them around.
Good Luck, hope you find a solution....

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Regardless of whether he's bored, my mini poo is totally obsessed with stealing things too! It's really funny, he'll spy something totally innocuous (a balled-up tissue, a hair rubber band or his VERY VERY favorite, my plastic claw-type hair clip) and he'll saunter past like he's not going to do anything and then at the last minute--ZOINK!--he has it in his mouth and he's off running.

It makes me laugh so hard, even though it's totally annoying to have to go get the stuff out of his mouth. I always picture Shaggy on the old Scooby Doo cartoons snatching something he shouldn't have and saying "Zoink!"
Haha, you could be describing Darcy there! He LOVES going after anything he's not supposed to have. And he's a super fast runner I have found...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy does that too. He'll get something and go into a down position ready to bolt as soon as I say, "What have you got now??" The whole time, he's not chewing on whatever he has, just holding in his mouth and looking at me out of the corner of his eye. If I make one move towards him, he takes off like a jackrabbit. He usually heads for the bedroom and I just go in there and take whatever it is away from him--without any kind of resistance whatsoever. I just have to laugh. He invents his own games.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha glad to know we aren't alone. The duct tape thing made me laugh LoL

I didn't find the bottle thingy funny the other day though but that could be because we only own four bottles (down to 2 nipples now b/c this would be the second one a dog has gotten though it wasn't beanie the first time). Glad it didn't make her sick though, I was kind of worried about it. I almost killed her last week b/c she ate a shield and a membrane thingy and a bottle that goes to my breastpump and of course she had to knock it off from where it was first. I am such a baby I cried for the rest of the night and most of the next day b/c it wouldn't work anymore and it's something I cannot live without at the moment and I couldn't afford to replace it except with a manual one that did work for me. Big Daddy to the rescue thankgoodness and he didn't skimp, bought the uber awesome 300 dollar model. My sister told him it was a good investment to buy better than what I had gotten at the baby shower as a gift b/c I could use this one for future children and it was still so much cheaper than formula which is as she puts it "Free .99"

I had her up till 12:30 last night working on her coat last night and she seems tired this morning so maybe thats what I need to do everynight. ha, bath and blowdry and haircut... to bad I was playing around and being bolder than I have been in a while so she has NO more hair to play with. :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
LOL! My mini boy Ranger does this too! He will steal anything he can get his face on! If he sees something he wants he does his best to get to it. I can see the wheels turning once he's decided he wants an object. I really expect to find him stacking chairs, boxes or anything else he can to get what he wants.

I take him to work with me daily. If I leave the room my co-worker has to watch him or he stands up by my desk and steals my sticky notes, pulls papers off my desk, steals my staple puller, etc. When I come back he always has this "who me" look on his face! So funny! I can't help but laugh at him.

He will hide things too...He doesn't really chew things up but when he has something he has stolen he lays on the floor with both front feet out in front of him close together...the stolen item will be under his legs so I can't see it! To funny! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts