Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dog I dream of stealing is a very bored, very high drive golden retriever. He's probably field bred based on conformation/colour/drive. He's a rescue on his third home who goes to the dog park I go to.

If you asked me, I'd tell you I don't LIKE goldens. Too friendly, too pushy, too needy, too mouth oriented. The dog has awful manners, is absolutely nuts. He jumps, he mouths, he steals things, he pushes dogs out of the way, he runs them over. If he isn't doing one of those things, he is clinging to a person, demanding pets. Every one in the park says his name with a big sigh of exasperation. A bunch of things I did not want in Annie!

But... I adore him and want to take him home. He is SO MUCH FUN. He's cheerfully confident, very very food and toy and praise and pet motivated, doesn't hold a grudge and just there to have a good time.

Its rally class tonight, and thinking how much the crazy golden would enjoy it if he got to go.

This is not the only dog I dream of stealing, just the most frequent.

Anyone else have guilty fantasies of stealing other people's dogs?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I’m in love with my brothers dog. We just spent 5 days together and I tried to take her with me when we left the beach but once again, he refused. 🤣 she is 75% English springer spaniel and 25% boxer, and 100% love bug. I just love her round noggin, round eyes, and silky coat.

·
Super Moderator
9,704 Posts

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
260 Posts
I sort of did. Well, I asked first.... "Hey, I heard y'all are moving. What are you going to do about your dog?" He said "You can take her." So I did.

Lily the day after I brought her home in January 2015. She was in the middle of a false pregnancy, and had been living tied up outside for a month.

2015-1-26 Lily DSC_0344 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Lily this month.

2021-6-5 Dogs DSC_0342 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
2,976 Posts
There's a little toy terrier in Ritter's puppy class that I want to rehome because its owner is an idiot. The puppy is terrified, and the owner isn't handling the situation well. She keeps yelling at the puppy to sit or come or whatever, when it's clear to me the puppy is frozen over threshold. I just want to scoop the little guy up and take it to eat treats while hanging out in a park on a blanket. Of course, then I would have two puppies, one of them a terrier. 😬

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sort of did. Well, I asked first.... "Hey, I heard y'all are moving. What are you going to do about your dog?" He said "You can take her." So I did.

Lily the day after I brought her home in January 2015. She was in the middle of a false pregnancy, and had been living tied up outside for a month.

2015-1-26 Lily DSC_0344 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Lily this month.

2021-6-5 Dogs DSC_0342 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr
She is really a beauty! Your attentive care of her shows.

·
Registered
Evelyn, sable standard poodle
95 Posts
There was an adorable puppy I met at the dog park who the owner called a corgi/poodle mix. I didn't see a spec of poodle in that dog, it looked like a wirehaired corgi. It was so fiesty and bold that I just wanted to take it home. I have a soft spot for scruffy bold dogs.

I also would have taken my bff's bearded collie McGregor in a heartbeat. He was a king of the countryside. He had a blue tick hound buddy who would break him out of the backyard and they would go on multi-day rambles. They could catch their border collie easily if he got out of the yard, but not McGregor. He enjoyed his constitutionals too much and would stay out of reach. He came home once he got bored/hungry, usually covered in pond water.

IMG_0166.JPG

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
365 Posts
Whenever I see trainers and owners with their “I would die for you”-focused Border collies, Australian Shepherds, and Malinois for a moment I think it would be fun to have one but then I remember how delightfully lazy Tekno and I are during down time and I think a dog that just wants to go go go all the time might actually get on my nerves loool (also how would I fit a malinois in my purse 🥲)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rather that me keeping other dogs, I’ve actually heard a lot of people say they would love to have Nano :D
I even had a weirdo ask me on the bus if I would sell him.

There is one dog though. My Mom is friends with a couple who have a rescue dog that looks like a Spanish water dog. He’s hyper(I’ve never seen him relax) and terribly loud and barky to the point of I’d rather not visit. The dog gets walked every day but they are getting older and both of them have hip and knee problems. They did go to obedience classes but never finished. Whenever I see them, all 3 of them seem frustrated in their own way.
Sometimes I think I should just take him with me on our walks and do some training and obedience with him but I’m not ready to take on such a big project. He has a good life but he would really thrive with higher energy owners doing agility/nose work/herding/any kind of job.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
So many people who had dogs have moved out of the apartment complex, so I'm not sure who is who anymore, but there's 2 dogs that are still here that I would love to steal. This one named Mason, Mason is the cutest some sort of Husky mix that talks for treats and loves other dogs. The other one is a black Labrador German Shepherd mix. He is one of these dogs that doesn't get taken out or trained enough, and he would be an incredible dog if he was given more exercise and training. I also want to steal the dogs who have owners that don't do right by them. Like that one who threatened her dog with her shoe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts