Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i knew that i had allergies and that's why we went with a poodle. i had mini before. now that i have a spoo, he is licking larger portions of my arm than the mini since his tongue is much bigger.;) today, i got a huge whelp on my arm where he licked me...i usually get red spots that are a bit itchy, but this swelled up a bigger than i've had before. i took an antihistamine and it went down and put some anti-itch stuff on it and it felt better. it's still a little red there.

:questionmark: are any of you allergy sufferers? anything working for you?

thanks in advance-
dee

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
AFAIK dog saliva is not what causes the reaction that's from cats... Interesting that a lick would do that.... sure it wasn't a spider or something else you brushed against ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good question, but i didn't see any spiders...also it was bigger in diameter than i would expect a spider bite and it was right where he had been repeatedly licking me.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I dont think ppl are allergic to poodles but can be allergic to what a poodle has on, like certain shampoos, spray etc.

I had to let some pugs go cause I ended up with body sores everywhere. Nothing at all helped me :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would suggest getting some LOCAL RAW honey and take a teaspoon of that a day. I do this and now my allergies are pretty much non existent!! Local

Also the dogs saliva contains proteins which in some cases your body will react to thinking it is a threat, hence the allergy! Dogs hair catches all kinds of pollen and dust which then also causes allergies.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
I would suggest getting some LOCAL RAW honey and take a teaspoon of that a day. I do this and now my allergies are pretty much non existent!! Local

Also the dogs saliva contains proteins which in some cases your body will react to thinking it is a threat, hence the allergy! Dogs hair catches all kinds of pollen and dust which then also causes allergies.
Raw honey... great natural antibiotic :)

In the case of allergies however I believe it's used to build up a tolerance since raw honey will actually have pollen, bee wings, wax, etc in it :) Thus why it hardens over time.

I love me some organic raw honey... expensive but wow, so good in tea :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts