Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not going in person for the first time in many years. I am enjoying the live stream - missing my two watching partners. My English Pointer Stanley LOVED watching Westminster (he was a grand baby 32 generations over from Sensation the logo of the Westminster Kennel Club) maybe he thought it was his duty.
Anyway PoodleKid doesn't care. Last year when I attended Westminster I met up with old friends and chatted about possible new breeds to explore - became enamored with a Border Terrier and an Irish Terrier. Little did I know that I would lose both my dogs a month later and that the dog that would take over and heal my broken heart was being born on that day hundreds of miles away and was a mini poodle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Also showing on Nat Geo Wild, 1:00-4:00PM. Las Vegas puts a German Shepherd as favored to win. I’m rooting for the poodles!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha just realized it says "life" instead of live - almost Freudian - dogs are my life...Westminster used to be a big part of it..

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts
Mfmst the non-sporting group will be represented by a schipperke, no poodles there, darn.

·
Registered
889 Posts
No, but I watched the agility finals this past weekend. There was one standard poodle in the finals in an HCC trim. I loved the papillons, so small and so fast.

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts
One of the pap handlers is a local Long Island person, Andrea Samuels. I think she has made the finals with at least one dog every year they've had it.

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
I managed to catch a rerun from last night and only the herding group. That said, a breathtaking group of dogs. I had never seen a Pumi before nor a Norwegian Buhund. The collies were magnificent. Winner was not the Vegas favorite. A Bouvier, named Baby Lars, owner/breeder/handled, my favorite combination took the group.

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts
Nice Fox Terrier and congrats to them, but did any of you see Linda Brennan and her lab Heart doing their obedience freestyle demo? They are such an awesome team, having won the obedience all four years it has been offered. In the world of six degrees I am very lucky that Linda is my trainer's trainer. I have also done several workshops with Linda and Betsy Scapicchio with Lily and Javelin. They are both great trainers and have lots of fun with their dogs. I was so happy to see Linda have the chance to show what a great obedience team can do to a big audience.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
That freestyle obedience routine was amazing. Some one in my Agiliy club drives to Top Dog twice a month for private obedience lessons with Betsy Scapicchio.

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts
That freestyle obedience routine was amazing. Some one in my Agiliy club drives to Top Dog twice a month for private obedience lessons with Betsy Scapicchio.
I am not surprised. People go from far and wide to Top Dog. She and Linda are that good! Watch Linda and Heart's whole routine if you get a chance. I put the link to it in my first post above. It is cool because it is fun yet precise and Heart is doing utility work with balloons!

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
I watched it several times. She told me that it took about a month or two to train that specific routine. She said each year she has a new theme.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts