Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a cream/ white colored standard pup who has a show in a couple weeks and her topknot is a little thin. Would anyone have any advice on them or where to get them? And on how to put them in so no one would know?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi!

Most people make their own and most will not sell them. How to properly use switches and how to actually put them in is too hard to explain via email. There is a technique and it takes A LOT of practice.

B

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I Have a cream/ white colored standard pup who has a show in a couple weeks and her topknot is a little thin. Would anyone have any advice on them or where to get them? And on how to put them in so no one would know?
Most make them directly from the clipping of THEIR dogs coat, that way it matches in texture and color, I would NOT recommend using them if you have no experiance with them, you are just starting and you would be taking a risk that is easy to avoid....just take her as is, puppies top knots some do seem a little "thin" Have you been instructed on how to properly band??? How to make a proper "bubble"??? How to do a proper spray up??? I remember you said you havce a handler working with you that does not handle or groom poodles, look on the AKC web site, they have mentor programs, experianced people who willingly help new comers, look there and you may be surprised that there may be someone in your area that knows what they are doing that is willing to help up you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will. I am not going to use the wiggies or anything Im to scareed of them, but i thought i would fined out more about them. I just bought a mouse spray for her that is supposed to volumize and help fill in gaps. I am hoping it will help. No, i have had any one really show me anything. :( I think I do know how to band though just from seeing pictures of the process and all. it looks pretty simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts