Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was recommended, as well as adding two tablespoons to my poodles kibble. 18 months with no itching, and a gorgeous coat. We visit New Mexico and Arizona for 6 weeks, and the poor dog is scratching constantly. No fleas or ticks, just itchy skin

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Was this your dog’s vet who recommended adding coconut oil? My dog would have diarrhea or worse if I added it to her food. Is the skin showing signs of dryness?

Have you changed food or treats?

It could be another insect, not necessarily ticks and fleas that you are used to or other allergens such as pollen.

Reactions: Charlie's Person

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was this your dog’s vet who recommended adding coconut oil? My dog would have diarrhea or worse if I added it to her food. Is the skin showing signs of dryness?

Have you changed food or treats?

It could be another insect, not necessarily ticks and fleas that you are used to or other allergens such as pollen.
Thanks for your assistance. No, I am going to run all oral additives suggestions past my vet before I try any of them, except maybe a light skin massage with the coconut oil as my daughter's pediatrician suggested it for our grandson and if it is safe for a newborn.... It worked wonders after prescriptions failed to help his itchy dry skin. Skin does look very dry.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have tried adding coconut oil to a poodle's food in the past and it does help, although be very careful about how much you add otherwise you might get nasty consequences.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried adding coconut oil to a poodle's food in the past and it does help, although be very careful about how much you add otherwise you might get nasty consequences.
I added a tablespoon of pure olive oil to his food with no problems, I was going to massage the coconut oil into his skin because it cured my baby grandson of itchy dry skin and was suggested by his pediatrician. I will post the results!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts