Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I will purchase my clippers to start grooming my standard....I'm going to sort of teach myself from the websites you all have mention and you tube. I figure it'll be trial and error for a while ;) There is also a groomer near byt who has offered her help yay!! Any last words of wisdom? I'm purchasing the andis clippers recommended by everyone.

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
As a beginner myself, my advice would be to keep calm, take it slowly, and remember hair will always grow again! I have finally decided on the Andis AGC Super myself, after handling lots of different clippers at a show today. Now just have to decide on the blades, and find the funds! Good luck.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Try not to shave above the eyes. LOL!! We've had like 5 receded hairline poodles in a row come to the clinic for various services and they ALL looked like DOOFUSES!!! :doh:

LOL!! :laugh:

Also try not to shave too high up on the feet. (unless you like the highwater look!)

Those are my words of wisdom. Apart from that, have fun! :D And remember: If in doubt, repeat this mantra: "It's just hair, it grows back. It's just hair, it grows back. It's just hair, it grows back..."

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! Well he won't need a hair cut for a while so....I'll probly just try his face and feet in a week or so. I am tired of my groomer hacking half his inside leg hair off. Looks stupid like she had in the wrong blade then thought "oh no to short!" she's done it twice. I dn't know if she is not used to grooming a standard or what but I figured I could do that and not be out the money!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts