Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
If so, would you consider sending the company an email asking them to stop the sale of puppies in their parking lots? I see people doing this every Saturday. I know that other stores like Walmart, have a policy against this practice. You can contact them here:

http://www.unitedtexas.com/contactus.asp
Walmart may have a policy against it, but they aren't enforcing it at any of the stores in my area in spite of complaints :( Whats even worse is that there is a city AND and county ordinance against it as well which is also not enforced. *shakes head*

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walmart may have a policy against it, but they aren't enforcing it at any of the stores in my area in spite of complaints :( Whats even worse is that there is a city AND and county ordinance against it as well which is also not enforced. *shakes head*
I called the police about it once (here all calls go to the PD dispatch first and AC doesn't work on Saturday) and they couldn't even tell me if it's illegal. I did look it up online and they would need to have a vendor's license and written permission from the property owner, which I doubt any of the them have.

I've been told that if you contact the district manger or cooperate for Walmart, things will change. It's never happened here, so I'm not sure. I believe there was an issue w/ that in the Dallas area and calling the district manager solved the problem. (Per some members of a puppymill rescue forum I visit on occasion.)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
In florida it is also considered illegal to sell a puppy under the age of 8 weeks old and without a USDA health cert. issued by a vet. None of the parking lot puppies ever have these certs and a lot of them are just 6 weeks old :( even when they are reported nothing much is done and they aren't stopped it's kind of annoying. Why have rules if breaking them is Ok? They just pack up and move to another parking lot OR pack up go have lunch and then come right back an hour later.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep it's really frustrating. People want to pass more laws to stop puppymills and pet overpopulation, but the laws we have aren't even enforced. Here, the police don't even know what's illegal. How hard would it really be to run the people off once a week?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts