Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my little boys are allergic to the outside :lol: I have wipes for the dog they are allergic to, and those combined with the medicated shampoo she uses, really cuts down on her dander/allergen factor, I can wipe her down with the wipes every few times she comes in the house to get the dust/dirt/pollen off. I am loathe to use them on the poodle though, because they have a bit of alcohol in them, and I would be afraid of what that does to his coat. Any groomers have any tips to get the dust/pollen/dirt out of his coat? I brush/comb him every day, but I can't do it every time he comes in.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The CC Ice on Ice is supposed to help repel dirt and staining. So far I've not found it to be that much of a "wow" factor, but I'm going to try and strengthen the mixture next time. (I bought the concentrate.) The true test will be with my Toy, I'm going to try it on him for the first time tonight.

Chris Christensen Ice on Ice

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The CC Ice on Ice is supposed to help repel dirt and staining. So far I've not found it to be that much of a "wow" factor, but I'm going to try and strengthen the mixture next time. (I bought the concentrate.) The true test will be with my Toy, I'm going to try it on him for the first time tonight.

Chris Christensen Ice on Ice
Yeah same here. I had some and diluted and used it on Mia and didn't use conditioner at all on Harry and they came out the same softness. I really don't know what I was expecting but there is so much hype around the stuff I thought it would be a noticable difference.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Rather than use BABY wipes, use the Cottonelle wipes. AND I AGREE, the best thing is a blower to remove dust. If I had a dog with THAT much problems to outdoor allergies, I would be doing allergy shots. If not, I would go the homeopathic route. Blowing dust out of a coat, just re-arranges the dust particles and they land somewhere else.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the dogs, it's my kids :lol: I will have to sell my husband on the HV Cool Air dryer, but knowing it will give my kids some relief, I'm sure he'll go for it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
The blower does really blow out the dust and dirt so this is something to be used in the garage or grooming room.... not the kitchen.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right. I would probably have to do it in my laundry room, it has a sucker fan/exhaust thing in there.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'm sure you do but I'll ask anyway. Do you have air purifiers in the house? I hear that some of them are so good that children can have pets they are allergic to with limite exposure to the pets.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I have a regular leaf blower on my back porch because they drag grass on my sun porch and carpet - so I use it, its strong enough to blow them off really well. The pollen is falling like snow right now, bleh:eek:hwell:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts