Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,889 Posts
I watched the National Dog Show which was held in Philadelphia. I’m curious about the breeders of the three sizes that made it into the groups. I thought the Toy was outstanding. The standard won Non-Sporting, but she didn’t seem to be feeling it. I saw whale eye, maybe it was the camera angle, dunno. I’m was happy for Claire, the Scottish Deer Hound: an ancient breed, long overdue for some plaudits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes! Topper liked the Terrier Group for some reason, and he was fascinated with the Standard Poodle. He fell asleep after the Toy Group. Did you see the Barbet? I read that Poodles may be descended from Barbets. It was the first year the breed was represented at the National Dog Show.

·
Super Moderator
7,145 Posts

Anyone know who is Kam's breeder?

·
Super Moderator
7,145 Posts

Anyone know who is Kam's breeder?
I think I answered my own question:

·
Premium Member
23,795 Posts
BF and I watched. Poodles didn't (sleeping). Peeves enjoyed some of it, but didn't watch for too long.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Lakeridge dogs are gorgeous. Mia's not much for watching dog shows, but she'll notice if someone barks or makes an otherwise discernably dog noise.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course I wanted the Spoo to win but seriously, the deerhound was gorgeous and seemed absolutely a sweetheart. I’m glad she won. I was totally enamored with her gait. I love those giant breeds. I thought the wire haired fox terrier was pretty amazing too.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Well, my pups were in the room, but they don't pay attention to the TV screen! All 3 of the poodles were stunning! I was sad that they didn't show the mini.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No poodle at my house, but i was rooting for the poodle and the portie! The Deerhound was deserving of the prize though <3 a stunning dog.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
We watched too. Babykins gets excited for all poodles and poodley types dogs.

I loved what they did for the “audience “.

·
Premium Member
9,889 Posts
Chester, the Affenpinscher, was a Houston hometown favorite. He was a gift from Mattress Mack McIngvale, a local legend, to his daughter, Laura. She’s been a prominent advocate for my local no kill shelter, so I’m glad she has a Group Winner to add to her rescue crew:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts