Poodle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lucy absolutely loves to play fetch! Sometimes too much I think. In these hot summer days I take her down to the nearby park that is covered in massive oak trees. That way we are both in the shade.
I have started throwing the ball really high which of course cause it to bounce high on landing. Lucy has started jumping up high to catch it. She looks like superman (superdog) flying through the air with all four legs stretched out. I swear she can even change directions mid flight. I wish I could get a picture of her mid-flight.
Last night I was comparing her build to her sister who doesn't play fetch nearly as often as Lucy does. Anyway I noticed a bulge in the thigh, not in a bad way, I mean my girl is ripped! She has got massive thigh muscles! She is hilarious and just acts like it is no big deal.

Any other jumpers out there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Lucky jumps pretty high....he loves to play ball too. He tries to jump and catch the ball, but he's only managed to nail it 1-2 times.

Beautiful white poodle you have!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the one poodle that loves to jump fences. Solved that with 6 foot fences but her daughter, who thank goodness does not attempt to jump fences, can bounce up and down at least five feet in the air. She does it when I have been out and come home because my fence is solid up to five feet.

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,570 Posts
I have a jumper
Leonard
My very agile toy boy
Counter surfer
Baby gate jumper in a single bound
Bounces hip high
Boing

·
Registered
Phoebe Duck spoo, Frannie Jane pitt mix
160 Posts
My Lucy absolutely loves to play fetch! Sometimes too much I think. In these hot summer days I take her down to the nearby park that is covered in massive oak trees. That way we are both in the shade.
I have started throwing the ball really high which of course cause it to bounce high on landing. Lucy has started jumping up high to catch it. She looks like superman (superdog) flying through the air with all four legs stretched out. I swear she can even change directions mid flight. I wish I could get a picture of her mid-flight.
Last night I was comparing her build to her sister who doesn't play fetch nearly as often as Lucy does. Anyway I noticed a bulge in the thigh, not in a bad way, I mean my girl is ripped! She has got massive thigh muscles! She is hilarious and just acts like it is no big deal.

Any other jumpers out there?
Have you ever heard of dog diving? I watched an E:60 ESPN short documentary on Spitfire who's won competition after competition jumping and diving for toys. Its on YouTube and that dog is amazing! His high jump record is 8-1/2 ft high, and he hits 30 ft regularly in distance jumping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you ever heard of dog diving? I watched an E:60 ESPN short documentary on Spitfire who's won competition after competition jumping and diving for toys. Its on YouTube and that dog is amazing! His high jump record is 8-1/2 ft high, and he hits 30 ft regularly in distance jumping.
I wish there was something like that where I live. There have been rumors of starting agility training at the Humain Society, nothing has materialized. I guess that is how it goes when you don't live in a big city.

·
Registered
Phoebe Duck spoo, Frannie Jane pitt mix
160 Posts
On the subject of jumping dogs... Phoebe Duck is not quite 12 weeks old. She's 16 inches high without the fluff, and when we came home from our dog walk yesterday, she was sooo excited that she tried jumping OVER Frannie. She didn't quite have the lift necessary to make it all the way across, but it won't be long. That puppy can jump! (Side note: Frannie just looked at her like, "what are you doing back there???")

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do you think it will hurt their joints? My mini jumps straight up and down whenever she’s excited to see us or even just moving period. I have her on joint supplements because when she was younger I could hear her shoulders creaking. Her vet didn’t seem concerned but I put her on supplements anyway. I haven’t heard any creaking in a long time but the jumping concerns me. Plus, this little girl can run fast and take sharp turns. We try to stop her jumping to no avail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts