Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people ask this all the time, but I’m curious to hear your opinions on what color my brown Spoo may end up. His sire is blue, and I would say his dam looked like a faded brown to me, not really cafe or silver beige, just faded brown.
Ori is almost 5 months old, his color looks almost pinkish brown to me? Wondering if he will be fading brown like his mom, or cafe or silver beige? I’m ok with any color, just curious!
Dog Water dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed
Dog Water dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed
Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass
Dog Plant Sky Water dog Dog breed
Dog Water dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
I'd say cafe au lait
How do cafe's clear?
My girl Beatrice is a super light Cafe au lait, silver beige poodles start clearing (fading) much earlier like silver poodles when you shave their faces at six weeks they will be very light.
Cafe au lait poodle start much later as in years

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say cafe au lait
How do cafe's clear?
My girl Beatrice is a super light Cafe au lait, silver beige poodles start clearing (fading) much earlier like silver poodles when you shave their faces at six weeks they will be very light.
Cafe au lait poodle start much later as in years
Wow, Beatrice did get super light, so lovely!
Do most cafes end up super light, or is there a range?

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
There is a range, Bea started lightening around 11 months but really in earnest by 18 months, my silver beige poodle ended up super light too
This was Baby
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a range, Bea started lightening around 11 months but really in earnest by 18 months, my silver beige poodle ended up super light too
This was Baby View attachment 481436
It will be interesting to see if he gets as light as your sweet Poodles! They look like darlings. 😍 Thank you for the photos and info, I didn’t know color could change so much, fascinating!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know people ask this all the time, but I’m curious to hear your opinions on what color my brown Spoo may end up. His sire is blue, and I would say his dam looked like a faded brown to me, not really cafe or silver beige, just faded brown.
Ori is almost 5 months old, his color looks almost pinkish brown to me? Wondering if he will be fading brown like his mom, or cafe or silver beige? I’m ok with any color, just curious!
View attachment 481426 View attachment 481426 View attachment 481427 View attachment 481428 View attachment 481429 View attachment 481430
He’s beautiful. I think and hope Brina will be the same color. Brina’s mom is blue and the sire is Brown. Brina is dark brown now at 7 weeks. I think Brina’s eyes are even the same color but she has a couple of white marking. If she grows up the color of your dog. I win. He’s gorgeous. I don’t know why I think the brown babies are so pretty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He’s beautiful. I think and hope Brina will be the same color. Brina’s mom is blue and the sire is Brown. Brina is dark brown now at 7 weeks. I think Brina’s eyes are even the same color but she has a couple of white marking. If she grows up the color of your dog. I win. He’s gorgeous. I don’t know why I think the brown babies are so pretty.
Yes, I would be thrilled if he stayed this color, my last two brown poodles stayed pretty brown their whole lives, but somehow I think this boy is going to fade, he has kind of a strange pink tone to his brown that is unlike my other ones… does yours have green/aqua colored eyes? At 7-8 weeks my boy had very light blue/green/aqua colored eyes, and they’ve gradually turned gold.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, I would be thrilled if he stayed this color, my last two brown poodles stayed pretty brown their whole lives, but somehow I think this boy is going to fade, he has kind of a strange pink tone to his brown that is unlike my other ones… does yours have green/aqua colored eyes? At 7-8 weeks my boy had very light blue/green/aqua colored eyes, and they’ve gradually turned gold.
Brina’s eyes are green. The sire eyes are gold. I was reading to see when eye color can be determined it read 6 weeks. But if yours turned after the fact, then there goes that theory. Lol. She’s not even home yet, and I’m curious about so much. Lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Eden is a brown Mini, the pictures of him are from 9 weeks to 2 years and 8 months old. He started to lighten around 2. I think he’ll end up as a Cafe au lait, but sometimes he looks very silver. Both his parents were Black minis and have held their colour. It’s very interesting watching the colour change over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is my red mini Finn, from 10 weeks to 3 years old. His colour change started about the same time as his coat change, around 1, he has lightened quite a bit, but in winter he still looks a lovely shade of red.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
Those gold eye are actually amber, and the whole pink hue thing I had with my silver beige girl and to a lesser extent my cafe girl
This is 9 month old Baby so light
Head Dog Picture frame Dog supply Dog breed

·
Registered
104 Posts
OriBoy, your boy’s eyes are very similar to my boy Eden. He also had the red tinged hue to his coat. Though his brown colour stayed dark until much later than your boy. Does he get a lot of exposure to the sun, as that’s when we noticed the colour change in Eden.

·
Registered
608 Posts
As far as eye color- generally the lighter the cor, the longer it takes to settle. Puppies all start with bluish eyes, by six weeks a pup with dark brown eyes will have changed, but one that will be a shade of amber, light hazel, or grey will still be blue/grey/aqua. It can take up to 4-6 months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brina’s eyes are green. The sire eyes are gold. I was reading to see when eye color can be determined it read 6 weeks. But if yours turned after the fact, then there goes that theory. Lol. She’s not even home yet, and I’m curious about so much. Lol
I was speculating the same way while waiting for my boy! So exciting, I hope your new girl is an absolute doll. Let us know how her eyes and color change! 😉

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eden is a brown Mini, the pictures of him are from 9 weeks to 2 years and 8 months old. He started to lighten around 2. I think he’ll end up as a Cafe au lait, but sometimes he looks very silver. Both his parents were Black minis and have held their colour. It’s very interesting watching the colour change over time.
Eden is gorgeous!!! Wow, I have to say, I can’t figure out the difference between Cafe and Silver Beige, but her coloring is stunning! 😍

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is my red mini Finn, from 10 weeks to 3 years old. His colour change started about the same time as his coat change, around 1, he has lightened quite a bit, but in winter he still looks a lovely shade of red.
I love all of Finn’s shades! Thank you for mentioning the timeline, it seems we may have plenty of lightening to do when Ori’s adult coat comes in. Love reds like your boy, he is magnificent! 😍

1 - 20 of 26 Posts