#1 ·
I bought the WAHL PRO series Pet Clipper kit at Walmart, and I can't
wait to try it out! I mean it's not the best pair of clippers, but I'm hoping
they will do a good job and give a closer shave when coming to the face
and other places.

It also came with a step-by-step home grooming "How To" DVD, so
maybe I can pick up a few good tips.:)

#4 ·
You may already know but bathe your dog before clipping. If you clip first that will dull the blade faster. I had to clip that nasty Pekingese with my blade and everytime it touched that dirty dog it about killed me. Errrrrr!

Im so grossed out about it I think Im going to buy a new blade. Yes, I can be dramatic but that was nasty. lol

#6 ·
I will bath before clipping but the majority of the time I do not. I use a ceramic blade and they will cut very well on a clean or dirty dog. I would rather do an hour grooming and dull the blade then do a 2-4 hour grooming trying to save clippers. I buy new blades about twice a year.

Glad the clippers are working for ya.

#12 ·
Yep 9 out of 10 times I will clip before the bath. It saves a great deal of time. I totally refuse to wash hair I am cutting off :banghead: The dog has to be so nasty that I can't get my clippers thru them for me to not cut then bath. I don't have a problem with my blades dulling out---Just have a good sharpening guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.