Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im new to this from. I just got my first standard poodle. She is a true cream color. I need to name her. I have had her a week and still no name. She is very out going and loves to be loved on. I am going to train her for agility. I want a name that is very very unusual. Any help would be great. I will post pics of her and my labradoodle to night. Thanks Paula :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
The theme for all my future (and current) dogs names is going to be cities.. so here's some countries since you wanted unusual!

Cyprus
Italy
Egypt
Scotland
Norway
Kenya
Brazil
Peru
Chile
Cuba
Yukon

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Most agility dogs have one syllable names. It is always nice, though not necessarry, for the call name to reflect the registered name.

One syllable suggestions:

Kit
Nell
Neve
Tess

·
Registered
440 Posts
^I think dogs in general do well with single syllable names; in our family we have Ocsi & Fallie and also Goldie and Maggie

I think I've also heard that dogs also like the 'ie or 'y at the end right? its hard to be mean to your dog when their name ends in an 'up' syllable and you giggle when you say it! :)

LOL- of course if we're visiting my parents and all four dogs are in the same house- they will come running if you call "puppies!" its soo cute

·
Registered
553 Posts
You could look to Native American names. For instance Istas, Nina = strong, Nuna = land and Moon as names.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Most Popular Male Dog Names of 2009:
1. Max
2. Buddy
3. Rocky
4. Bailey
5. Jake
6. Charlie
7. Jack
8. Toby
9. Cody
Most Popular Female Dog Names
of 2009: 1. Bella
2. Molly
3. Lucy
4. Maggie
5. Daisy
6. Sophie
7. Sadie
8. Chloe
9. Bailey
10. Lola

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeap LOL - but she wants unusual name :)- and I agree with that : )))! Any spoo deserves a very unique and special name IMO ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Someone up there said Willow, I second that as a nice one Or how about Luna? Meaning "of the moon" I think, or something to that.

Or Chandra = Moon Goddess
Liane = Daughter of the Sun
Haylen = Hall of Light

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some pics of her. I dyed her ears pink. I could not wait lol. She soo sweet.I really need to name her. Some of the names i have been thinking about are nevaeh(heaven back words) Latte, fancy, cashmere, and champagne. She was born on new years lol. Please let me know what you think I am open to other names to.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my son has a good friend named Nieva (same thing as you mentioned, just spelled differently) ... it's pretty, but not my fave for a poodle... you can do better! there was another name thread on here recently for a black female pup coming from Tango... maybe you can get some ideas there....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Of all that you mentioned I like Nevaeh the most - it is almost Nives (which means snow ; ).

She is VERY cute : ))) !!!!! I know you will find a perfect name for her :) !!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts