Poodle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I wonder if she'll ask more about you if you decide to go ahead with a deposit? Because looking at her Facebook page was such fun! I especially enjoyed seeing a bit of the professional temperament testing. It seems hard to believe she wouldn't vet potential owners.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
When I went through the packet of materials, I noticed that they included many questions about poodle care, far beyond what I’ve seen elsewhere, and that the contract stipulates that the breeder can arrange a home visit within the first few months of life. I think she cares about her dogs and their placement. I’m still not sure, though, whether I want to go in that direction

The Florida breeder is a breeder of merit and has been very honest with me, but she doesn’t do all the testing I’d like to see.

I just learned that the breeder that bred lily cd’s lily and javelin may have something available in a litter that is due in October. That would definitely be exciting.

Edit: I am now on the Madela waitlist!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Madela Poodles will have a litter in early October, ready for homes in the first week of December. They're accepting 6 deposits from people on the wait list and I'm anxiously waiting to find out whether I can be one of them. They have beautiful poodles! Fingers crossed, here.

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
Elizabeth, Delana only bred Javelin, not Lily but either way that is really nice news to see. I hope you are on that short list of 6. And you do know that spoo litters are often more than 6 pups. Javelin was one of nine and his dam threw 9 on her next litter too.

Reactions: Elizabeth

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Apologies, Catherine, somehow I thought both Lily and Javelin were from Madela.

My almost dog was from a litter of 10, so I know all is not lost if I’m not one of those placing deposits. I’m just hoping to get one the 6 spots!

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
Honestly Elizabeth I would have gone back to Lily's breeder for Javelin if they were still working. I think the lives of their children took precedence over producing poodles (understandably, but also is why you don't see me recommend her breeder). It was in the stars so to speak that I ended up looking at Delana and Mark. I saw a poodle owning friend from the Northeast at the Agility/Rally/obedience nationals in 2014 and we got to talking about the "next dog." She has had a number of Ale Kai poodles and so knew Delana because her foundation dogs were Ale Kai so she directed me and I spent a year watching, thinking, etc. until March 2015 when I reached out. I got lucky since Javelin's litter whelped in May 2015. And he arrived in our home in July 2015. The only different thing I could have wanted was that he arrived home in late may so I had a couple more weeks with him over the summer break. I hope for the same timing for you.

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
I hope it all works out!

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
I am thrilled to see that wonderful update! Now feel free to do some nesting to keep your mind busy.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts