Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a poodle pup next week and was wondering if you all think she's a blue or a silver. She's 12 weeks old in the pictures.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Blue not silver for sure, but wow isn't Merry not quite a year old and you are getting another puppy already! You will have your hands full.

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
I know you are crazy because I got my Pia who was 5 months when my Beatrice was a week shy of 11 months :wink: oi

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Yes I agree with everybody else.......blue! And a pretty one she is too!

Reactions: MerrysSarah

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
When she is so obviously blue at that age does that mean she will be a lighter blue as an adult? Or clear earlier?

I would definitely suspect so. It can be hard to tell what color silvers and blues end up, but she is pretty light already.

Congrats, btw!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
I think probably blue too. What did the breeder think? Her face looks pretty light though. Was it silvery like that at 4 weeks of age? Of course, computer monitors aren't all going to depict things exactly the same. I read that the blues will sometimes have some little brown hairs in between the toes and in the coat. Did or does she show any of that?

You are no more crazy that others of us.:act-up: At least you waited a year. I got two at the same time...they're 2 days apart in age. Of course, they're easier being toys. lol. Stay on top of their training, enjoy and it will all smooth out eventually. It was fine for me. They'll be a joy. :angel:

Reactions: MerrysSarah

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think probably blue too. What did the breeder think? Her face looks pretty light though. Was it silvery like that at 4 weeks of age? Of course, computer monitors aren't all going to depict things exactly the same. I read that the blues will sometimes have some little brown hairs in between the toes and in the coat. Did or does she show any of that?

You are no more crazy that others of us.:act-up: At least you waited a year. I got two at the same time...they're 2 days apart in age. Of course, they're easier being toys. lol. Stay on top of their training, enjoy and it will all smooth out eventually. It was fine for me. They'll be a joy. :angel:
She was darker in the face then she is now when she was 4-6 weeks, but still very noticeably not black. I was under the impression blues weren't usually so obviously light at a young age. But I'm new to poodle colors and all the surprises!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Here's a photo of three puppies at the age of 8 or 9 weeks -- a silver and two blues. Some blues are darker than others. Yours looks like she is on the lighter side for a blue, but not light enough to be a silver.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts