Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another breeder has been raided and had dogs seized!! I find all of this absolutely disgusting and when I heard WHO it was that these dogs belonged too I was even more disappointed! for someone to claim to posses a whole H*LL of the rules on breeding that they would allow their dogs to be in this condition! There was a litter of newborns in a barn with the dam CHAINED to the wall...

absolutely appalling, please lets try and help these poodles anyway possible!!

FB group for Forget Me Not Animal Shelter

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh NO!

Heartbreaking story, Keith, what could have happened to bring that breeder so low?? Thank you for the alert.I surely do want to help.

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
What a sad day in the world of Poodles. I hope we find out she is ill or has had a breakdown or something because there is no other excuse for dogs being in such deplorable conditions. And the litter with their poor Mom chained like that...well that is beyond heart breaking. From what I gather, all of the dogs are only being placed in foster care because she is fighting to regain custody of them all.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
IMO, illness or a breakdown is not really an excuse. If yr looking after animals yr looking after them... that's it. If u can't do it, get somebody else to do it.

This whole story hasn't come out yet but I would wonder, whoever 'she' is, on what grounds does she think she should get the dogs back?

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
IMO, illness or a breakdown is not really an excuse. If yr looking after animals yr looking after them... that's it. If u can't do it, get somebody else to do it.

This whole story hasn't come out yet but I would wonder, whoever 'she' is, on what grounds does she think she should get the dogs back?
I agree CB...if you KNOW you are ill. I am sure the folks on the hoarding shows on TV do not think they are ill or have a problem.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I must admit whenever this illustrious member posted I took it with a bit of skepticism.
I had read that a few years previous a poodle rescue group had offered to take her poodles off her hands because they were being kept outside in deplorable conditions. She would not release them at that time and she used to rant on her website about how dare they try to take her dogs. I tried to keep an open mind, that things had gotten better and she had changed. But sadly she fooled a lot of people. And her poor poodles suffered and are suffering.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well we're all pretty acquainted with this breeder as shes an illustrious member of this forum...
Omg. This breeder is a member on this forum. She's a poodle lover???? I would not believe it in a thousand years. Those living conditions I saw in the pics just don't happen over night. Absolutely no excuse for that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would be willing to foster but I'm in Florida :-/
How can anyone treat an animal like that. So sad.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
29 Posts
All this cases are very sad bad unfortunately this people don't realise they are sick.I also know about a person that kept 6 dogs and 5 cats for there hole life closed in the house because she said if she lets them out they will get diseases.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Well, ya know what? To put my anger into perspective . . really . . no dogs will die on account of this woman. They have been abused and neglected for who knows how long. But they will survive. Thank Dawg!

So... in the 'great cosmic scheme' of things, this is a minor incident. And will be worked thru. But at GREAT cost in volunteer time... and money. *I sent a donation yesterday*.

BUT!! I'm still livid after seeing these images taken by the rescue people and the sheriffs department. To mix definitions, this shows neurosis bordering on the psychotic in a person who imagines herself a breeder. 'Specially if she is a 'breeder' in name only... and is calling herself a breeder simply in order to justify 'hoarding' this number of dogs.

'Sick' is no excuse...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I can not bare to look at the pictures. I don't know who we are talking about... but if I lived close enough I would foster some of those poor dogs. Please open up your homes and help if you can!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It appears these dogs are NOT safe yet! The breeder (yaddaluvpoodles here on the forum or better known as Darla Dehlin) is pushing to get her dogs back...because she clearly was taking stupendous care of them -.-. A local groomer has offered her service to groom the dogs but she has not been allowed to because of the breeders unwillingness to see the error in her ways!

We can not let this woman have the dogs back to neglect! everyone please donate or give or do something to ensure these dogs stay in an environment that they're safe in!!

1 - 20 of 336 Posts