Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a few more blades.
Does ceramic really live up to the advertising?

Are all steel blades created equal?
i.e. are the Oster elites being cryogenically treated any better than the others?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I haven't heard of any pro groomers who have stuck with the ceramic blades, they've all swtiched them back out for metal ones... I haven't tried them myself though, and I don't intend to!

Not all steel blades are equal, but they aren't far apart really, and unless you're a pro then the difference between a few extra sharpenings won't really make much difference for a home groomer!!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
the oster cyro ones have in my experienced lsated longer (clippnig horses- so FILTHY most of the time when i'm doing em) i'm getting full clips on 2 horses vs one clip if i was lucky.

they do however rust s easy (horse barn 1 week not oiled on the blades boom rust- we're so not use to humidity here!)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't think I've tried the ceramics...know one or two people who have loved them; others who have hated them. I haven't noticed huge differences between the different "flavors" of Osters versus Geibs, which I have also used. I've been generally happy with the Geibs, and they are usually a little less expensive than the Oster. Geib/Buttercut also has good affordable scissors, BTW.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have used both the only difference I can see is that the ceramic dose not heat up quit as fast as the steel, and if you are a beginner it gives you a little more time other than that I can't say one is better than the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts